What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll make anything, huh?

My ex-wife liked Woodchuck cider. It was a bit sweet for my tastes. We both liked Taylor's teas. Red Gold diced tomatoes are a staple item in my pantry.

Star anise is something you either like or you don't. I don't. I would suggest you test it our in something, perhaps a cup of tea, before making a big batch of mulled wine with it.

CD

I've started running low on certain spices and it was time to replenish them. I use a lot of oregano and I decided to go big this time, a 24 oz. bottle of oregano.

That's a lot of oregano. I grow it instead but don't keep up with how fast it grows out here. Mind you, the plants I had in the UK took over their corner of the herb patch (and more).

That's a lot of oregano. I grow it instead but don't keep up with how fast it grows out here. Mind you, the plants I had in the UK took over their corner of the herb patch (and more).

My oregano has spread from one small plant, to a patch about six feet wide and four feet deep. I didn't dry any this year, yet. I may still do it.

CD

My oregano has spread from one small plant, to a patch about six feet wide and four feet deep. I didn't dry any this year, yet. I may still do it.

CD
I just freeze the leaves as is. That's all I do for most of my fresh herbs. I even have a decent dehydrator and I don't dry them...

The group of green spices and herbs I use a lot are oregano, basil, cilantro, marjoram, thyme and rosemary.

I have on order a 16 oz. bag of basil and an 8 oz. bag of thyme. I probably should get more marjoram and cilantro too.

I just freeze the leaves as is. That's all I do for most of my fresh herbs. I even have a decent dehydrator and I don't dry them..
Basil, oregano (two variations) and rosemary all grow easily in the garden; in fact, one of the oregano plants has been there over 10 years. When it needs pruning, I dry the leaves on a tray in the kitchen.
I avoid using dried herbs in general, especially when fresh are both cheap and readily available.

Which ones do you like best? For those unfamiliar here are the different ones included in the tin:

View attachment 77251
Strawberry & orange creams, toffee fingers and honeycomb. Everyone else seems to hate the strawberry one 🤣

I love the fruit flavors, something I got hooked on through Thorntons strawberry Dreams. Unfortunately those are impossible to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom