What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other DIL is a picky eater BUT loves quiche, so early on, I went out to buy mushrooms, leeks and some cheese.
Interesting, because the mushrooms ( button and chestnut - 450 gms, about 1lb) only cost £1.74 ($2.56). Last week in Cincinnati, they cost over twice that much.
Purchase of the day was Lidl camembert, at only 99p ($1.45) for 250 gms. It tasted very good indeed!

I thought Raclette was Swiss???

CD
Well, you know how Switzerland is - if you’re in the west, it’s kind of French, it’s Italian in the south, and German everywhere else. Put it all together…it’s Swiss. I think the word itself is French (or French Swiss).

To add more confusion…I believe Germans eat more raclette (the meal, not just the cheese) than anyone else, and have kind of claimed it for their own.

My wife ordered pizza on Friday from "Pizza Hut" (buy one, get one free).

I've only ordered a pizza from this outlet once before and I'm reluctant to do it again - particularly if it has pineapple chunks on it (Ugh). Anyway, the pizzas arrive with accompaniments - tomato ketchup (4 packs per pizza), chilli powder and oregano.

These included accompaniments to previously purchased pizzas.

I've only ordered a pizza from this outlet once before and I'm reluctant to do it again - particularly if it has pineapple chunks on it (Ugh). Anyway, the pizzas arrive with accompaniments - tomato ketchup (4 packs per pizza), chilli powder and oregano.

I didn't think ham and pineapple pizza could get any worse, until I saw it came with ketchup. :eek:

I assume you used all of that chili powder.

CD

I didn't think ham and pineapple pizza could get any worse, until I saw it came with ketchup. :eek:

I assume you used all of that chili powder.

CD

Surprisingly, my wife used none of the accompaniments. However, if she had wished to we are well stocked with dried chillis, fresh chillis, chilli powder, chilli flakes and Kasmiri chilli powder.

On behalf of the worldwide pizza community, I would like to apologize for…that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom