What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a sucker for punishment . Had some with my wings. The flavour and heat were really good. in tiny dips...We’ll see what tomorrow brings

I don't like squash, but that's a beauty, almost a shame to cook it.
Do you dislike all squash or just the sweet ones? I mean, all the sweet ones taste like yams/sweet potatoes/cooked carrots to me. Summer squash (zucchini, etc.) that are not sweet taste delectable to me.

That one looks like a swan, LOL.

I tried Indian cuisine a few years back for the first time and I just can't behind it.
Try it again and get something different. I don't like a lot of it, but some of it I absolutely love. Maybe you didn't like what you sampled at the buffet, but keep in mind that dishes vary by region so at another restaurant that prepares things differently and uses different ingredients, spices, etc. you mind find something you adore.

My wife ordered pizza on Friday from "Pizza Hut" (buy one, get one free).

I've only ordered a pizza from this outlet once before and I'm reluctant to do it again - particularly if it has pineapple chunks on it (Ugh). Anyway, the pizzas arrive with accompaniments - tomato ketchup (4 packs per pizza), chilli powder and oregano.

These included accompaniments to previously purchased pizzas.

OK, that just is so odd.

So called "hot sauce" may be hot, slightly hot, very hot, or insanely hot. However, the majority of Supermarket/industrial sauces taste like crap - they´re just full of vinegar and chemical additives, they don´t taste of chiles.
Perhaps that´s a huge generalisation, but I´ll stick with it. Tabasco? Thin, whingy,slightly fermented (ie, rotten) flavour. Cholula? Ok, but way too thin, too much vinegar. I´ve tried Encona before, and once again, it´s more vinegar than chile - never tried this one.
Your best bet is to make your own if you can.

There are always exceptions, I made a soup a while back that had some squash in it I liked, but for the most part, I don’t like any of it.
Yet you like sweet potatoes and cooked carrots. Interesting.

For me it's got to be a beta carotene flavor, I can't put my finger on it exactly, the flavor I dislike, but all of those sweet squashes taste like cooked carrots and sweet potatoes...I dunno why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom