What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new-to-me

View attachment 83949
I was looking for some sprouts for my turkey sandwich and there was everything BUT alfalfa.
Really good!
I see a super nice entrée salad in the near future, featuring these sprouts.

<edit - I just put a big pinch of these microgreens in DH's mouth and he gave it a big thumbs up>
I use that in my egg mayo tea sandwiches, because it’s impossible to get cress here.

I use that in my egg mayo tea sandwiches, because it’s impossible to get cress here.
Ooh!!!
I was just thinking of making some Egg Salad... but I like it on a nice cracker rather than bread, that way I can jam-pack the Egg Salad on there :okay: but I will definitely put some of these on there.
I'm not a fan of Cress, my Mother use to make Watercress soup and it was horrid! 😝 It was just water and cress that's it!

Free range eggs turned up earlier
$24 for 40 eggs. Extra large.
Pic is free range and store bought.

Russ

I had trouble with the water company I had chosen for distilled water and had to cancel them. Instead, I bought a couple empty water jugs and had them filled with distilled water at a local water store. I had bought some cheap electrolyte powder, but the ingredient list was awful. I have identified a better product from a company called "Trace Minerals" which has a very nice comprehensive mineral content. Note that all electrolyte and mineral powders seem to be flavored.

Not from today, but here's my first pack of edible insects. I'm really excited to try them.
View attachment 83967
I had mealworm bars once, on a dare. Honestly they tasted exactly like oats. It wasn't bad and they had been chopped to be put into bars so no weird texture either.

But you do get recipe on the back of the pack. Now I want to know what this artisan recipe is...
It’s for lemon-Parmesan grilled romaine - me and the other poshies down the club order that all the time, we do. It’s, “Wilson, another round of that lemon-Parmesan grilled romaine for the table…and I’d be so kind as to use the artisan lettuce. There’s a good chap!”

In the weekly veg shop I picked up a jar of Green garlic powder...

The farm is literally down the road from me and only a couple of local shops stock it. I just fancied some! Lol

I want that garlic powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom