What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at these strawberries I got from ALDI today:

View attachment 83615

View attachment 83616

I got one of those today. Maybe not quite so big:

I looked at the prices in those pastry photos. Holy Price Shock, Batman! :eek: I'm also guessing they put French Beans/Haricot Vert on that bag of green beans to justify a higher price. I don't even want to know what that box of taco shells cost.

CD
Yeah, they’re not cheap, that’s for sure. That little dab of groceries cost me $61 - but they have things there I can’t get anywhere else, and that bakery beats the living crap out of Kroger’s. :laugh:

All their departments are top-notch. Each store employs properly trained cheesemongers, for example, and their cheese selection is some really nice.

Those shells weren’t bad, about a buck more than the big brand name ones.

IMG_1527.JPG

Finally found some starter herbs but when I went to transplant them into the large-ish planter that I thought I had 😤 I remembered that we gave all of that away last Fall... I hadn't used any of the lot in some time, damn it!
That's okay, they can hang out here for now until I can get to the nursery shop.

It’s prime mushroom foraging here in Australia and this was my third or fourth trip out but as we’ve had a week of dry after literally months of rain there mushrooms are in their prime right now.

My partner had never been foraging but yesterday I wanted to stop for an hour on our way to family Easter. He rides dirt bikes in the local forests often so knows the area better than me and we checked out an area very close to the home we just moved out of in November.

Collected several kilograms in about 45 minutes.

This is new-to-me

IMG_1533.JPG

I was looking for some sprouts for my turkey sandwich and there was everything BUT alfalfa.
Really good!
I see a super nice entrée salad in the near future, featuring these sprouts.

<edit - I just put a big pinch of these microgreens in DH's mouth and he gave it a big thumbs up>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom