What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDonald's in Hawaii still fries there pies, well they did the last time we were back home. That's the best!
Maybe the fact i haven't eaten McDonald's the mid 90s? And that was probably only once that decade. Maybe they were ,on the menu but I don't much eat desserts so it passed through my mind like water through a sieve?

I know at least one or two members on here besides me have ordered from Wild Forks. I live close to a store so can either pick it up or get delivery within an hour or 2, but they do ship. Got their regular weekly or biweekly e-mail a day or 2 ago that I kept because there were a couple of things that I was looking at. Just got done purchasing:

A 5 pound pack of boneless/skinless thighs for $11.40, which is $2.28 a pound. Yes, they have been injected with a brine but the reviews are great and you can't touch B/S thighs at the grocery, at least here, for anywhere near that, it's usually over $4 a pound.

A piece of Berkshire pig pork belly, about 4 pounds at $31.92, which is just under $8 a pound. They only charge for the exact amount but give you a ballpark figure on the web site. Have always wanted to try the Berkshire pork so I ordered it.

2 pieces of bone-in veal osso bucco for $11.98 a pound. They will be at least 1" thick. It's been hard, if not near impossible to find lately and the prices have been up closer to the $20 a pound mark at the little Italian deli, so we'll give these a whirl.

It's only a $4.95 charge for delivery to my door for me, plus tip of course. If I had thought about it, we would have gone there Friday as we ate out at an Italian place just south of the store, but I didn't and don't feel like driving over there again so soon, so have scheduled delivery for later today after we get home.

wildforkfoods.com

I know at least one or two members on here besides me have ordered from Wild Forks. I live close to a store so can either pick it up or get delivery within an hour or 2, but they do ship. Got their regular weekly or biweekly e-mail a day or 2 ago that I kept because there were a couple of things that I was looking at. Just got done purchasing:

A 5 pound pack of boneless/skinless thighs for $11.40, which is $2.28 a pound. Yes, they have been injected with a brine but the reviews are great and you can't touch B/S thighs at the grocery, at least here, for anywhere near that, it's usually over $4 a pound.

A piece of Berkshire pig pork belly, about 4 pounds at $31.92, which is just under $8 a pound. They only charge for the exact amount but give you a ballpark figure on the web site. Have always wanted to try the Berkshire pork so I ordered it.

2 pieces of bone-in veal osso bucco for $11.98 a pound. They will be at least 1" thick. It's been hard, if not near impossible to find lately and the prices have been up closer to the $20 a pound mark at the little Italian deli, so we'll give these a whirl.

It's only a $4.95 charge for delivery to my door for me, plus tip of course. If I had thought about it, we would have gone there Friday as we ate out at an Italian place just south of the store, but I didn't and don't feel like driving over there again so soon, so have scheduled delivery for later today after we get home.

wildforkfoods.com

There is a Wild Forks store less than five miles from me in Frisco. I keep meaning to go there, but haven't yet.

CD

IMG_2017.JPG

For DH, he loves this brand.
IMG_2020.JPG

I got 6 cans of this Soup for Mom at the market near her apartment. She really liked this "flavor" and I can only get it at that market. I'm going to start using a different market to order her groceries to be delivered to her for free, but they don't carry this Soup.

Let’s see what we got today:

I was slated to get two six-packs of O’fest beer, since that’s coming into season, but then I saw a local brewer’s Italian-style beer, and thought, “No one around here makes Italian-style beers…must try!” - Warped Wing is out of Dayton.

Frostie is a nostalgia brand of pop.

Raisin Bran with cranberries? Yes, please!

Mass-produced apple cider, but it’ll do until the local orchards start pressing.

I’ve never had honey-butter potato chips, so that was a must-buy.

Let’s see what we got today:

View attachment 89619
I was slated to get two six-packs of O’fest beer, since that’s coming into season, but then I saw a local brewer’s Italian-style beer, and thought, “No one around here makes Italian-style beers…must try!” - Warped Wing is out of Dayton.

Frostie is a nostalgia brand of pop.

View attachment 89620

Raisin Bran with cranberries? Yes, please!
View attachment 89621

Mass-produced apple cider, but it’ll do until the local orchards start pressing.
View attachment 89622

I’ve never had honey-butter potato chips, so that was a must-buy.
View attachment 89623
View attachment 89624

That wholewheat spaghetti looks very serious!

This is just ridiculous!
We were given these yesterday.
How can two people eat all these and still survive?

... they're small?
I haven't had what we call in Hawaii Apple Banana for a very long time, I like them much better than the Chiquita ones.

They are actually very tasty.

Our banana tree in Port Arthur (Texas) grew fruit about that size, but the bunches fell off before they were edible. The one we had in Puerto Rico had small, but edible fruit. We had two mango trees there, and that's what I always went for when I was down there.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom