What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the lookout for some decent Australian garlic after the last few visits to the major supermarkets yielded only tiny Chinese imported garlic which I won't buy... I located some last week but stupidly only purchased 2 heads...

This time I've picked up 6 heads instead. That should see me through Christmas hopefully.

20221219_143612.jpg

I've been on the lookout for some decent Australian garlic after the last few visits to the major supermarkets yielded only tiny Chinese imported garlic which I won't buy... I located some last week but stupidly only purchased 2 heads...

This time I've picked up 6 heads instead. That should see me through Christmas hopefully.

View attachment 93843

The best garlic in the US comes from Central California, near the cities of Gilroy and Salinas. I can't get it locally. If I want some, I have to order it online.

CD

The best garlic in the US comes from Central California, near the cities of Gilroy and Salinas. I can't get it locally. If I want some, I have to order it online.

CD
Some of the best garlic in Australia is grown locally. The stuff I picked up last week was a local one and there is also a garlic farm just down my road but it isn't yet ready for harvest however I'm on their wait list to buy at least 1kg of it when it is.

The shop I had wanted to go to yesterday to buy the local stuff is closed on a Monday which meant a whole load of plans went out of the door including a rest stop and lunch! They are open every other day of the week, just not Monday's which is very common around here.

I just object to buying tiny heads of Chinese garlic when I'm in an area that grows such wonderful garlic of its own.
My own garlic (at least what survived the sulphur crested cockatoos) isn't ready for harvest yet either.

I LOVE Gilroy! You can smell it coming from miles away!
My Mother and her family mostly live/lived in Fresno and we'd drive through there alot on the way to the beach.
Gilroy Garlic is very good.
One time, I'd really like to go to their Garlic Festival!!!

I've been looking at this one recently. Apparently it makes really nice colour drinks from bright blue to purple depending on the acidity. Does your wife use it a lot? (Apologies if the assumption is incorrect).

I'm aware that it can be used to make tea but my wife uses it for her hair!

I'm aware that it can be used to make tea but my wife uses it for her hair!
That's new to me. I know it can be used for any number of drinks, not just tea. Does she sure her hair blue or purple frequently? I tend to use henna if I dye mine but I've not done that for a while given its a red/brown colour naturally.

That's new to me. I know it can be used for any number of drinks, not just tea. Does she sure her hair blue or purple frequently? I tend to use henna if I dye mine but I've not done that for a while given its a red/brown colour naturally.

Apparently it darkens the gray hairs (not that I've noticed). If that's what she believes then who am I to contradict her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom