What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was something of a half-shop for me, because I got a few things at Meijer on Tuesday:

Cheese puffs
Camembert
Bananas
Strawberries
Apples
Radishes
Sliced dill pickles
Ramen noodles
Olive oil
Peanut oil
Crispix cereal
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Pork chops
Deli roast beef
Yogurt
Sliced American cheese
Butter
Water
Cookie dough (MrsTasty request)
Sparkling Rosé
Beer

I'm a little annoyed with Kroger. They've rolled out a new "cash back" program, kind of like digital coupons. In their app, you choose from their selection of cash back offers, and if you purchase that item, you get a cash coupon loaded to your loyalty card, which you can accumulate and either use against your grocery bill, or have sent to your PayPal account.

The wine, beer, and cereal were all cash back offers, just loaded them up yesterday, and...I didn't get any cash back. A**holes! Every time they start up a new program like this, it doesn't work for the first couple of months. 😠

This was something of a half-shop for me, because I got a few things at Meijer on Tuesday:

Cheese puffs
Camembert
Bananas
Strawberries
Apples
Radishes
Sliced dill pickles
Ramen noodles
Olive oil
Peanut oil
Crispix cereal
Pork chops
Deli roast beef
Yogurt
Sliced American cheese
Butter
Water
Sparkling Rosé
Beer

I'm a little annoyed with Kroger. They've rolled out a new "cash back" program, kind of like digital coupons. In their app, you choose from their selection of cash back offers, and if you purchase that item, you get a cash coupon loaded to your loyalty card, which you can accumulate and either use against your grocery bill, or have sent to your PayPal account.

The wine, beer, and cereal were all cash back offers, just loaded them up yesterday, and...I didn't get any cash back. A**holes! Every time they start up a new program like this, it doesn't work for the first couple of months. 😠
Call them and make them fix it! They will probably do it without making you come in, they can look up your receipt at their end.

Western food supplier

Horseshoe gammon x 500 gms = US$ 4.60
Burger buns x 4 = US$ 1.20
Norwegian cod x 400 gms = US$ 6.70
Pork and tomato sausage x 500 gms = US$ 5.00
Steak and kidney pies x 2 = US$ 4.70

Cheese puffs
Camembert
Bananas
Strawberries
Apples
Radishes
Sliced dill pickles
Ramen noodles
Olive oil
Peanut oil
Crispix cereal
Pork chops
Deli roast beef
Yogurt
Sliced American cheese
Butter
Water
Sparkling Rosé
Beer

Kroger's IT department is not very sharp. They changed the self-checkout systems over a year ago, and that still has bugs. The one that hits me most is that the "Use Own Bag" option is useless.

CD

I had to go to Kroger to get some sweet corn and eggs this evening. I got another really good carton of, red all the way through, strawberries again.

CD

Western food supplier

Horseshoe gammon x 500 gms = US$ 4.60
Burger buns x 4 = US$ 1.20
Norwegian cod x 400 gms = US$ 6.70
Pork and tomato sausage x 500 gms = US$ 5.00
Steak and kidney pies x 2 = US$ 4.70

And today was only the third time that I have been out of my gate since March 23rd.

Kroger's IT department is not very sharp. They changed the self-checkout systems over a year ago, and that still has bugs. The one that hits me most is that the "Use Own Bag" option is useless.

CD
Tell me about it. I don't know if I ever recounted this, and it gets long and involved, but here goes:

We were one of the early stores set up for Scan-Bag-Go. With SBG, you either use a store-provided scanning device, or you load the SBG app on your phone and use your phone as a scanner. I prefer my phone.

Another feature of the app is that you can set up a credit card in the app and pay directly through the app. If you don't do that, you have to go to the self-checkout area, scan a kiosk, your order magically pops up, and then you pay there, by swiping your card or using cash. I liked using the app to pay, it was the fastest option, because there would frequently be a line at the self-checkout as well.

When you pay through the app, it pops up a number, like 834992, and tells you to show it to the employee working the self-checkout area. At that point, the employee is supposed to use their handheld device, go through a little menu system, find that transaction number, and clear it. It's a way of saying they acknowledged my order.

Well, the employees didn't know that, I certainly didn't know that, and after about five trips of holding up that number and having the employee just shrug their shoulders and wave me through, the system locked me out.

By that point, I was a dedicated SBG'er, so I was really irritated that it wouldn't work for me, and would give me this cryptic error message about being unable to process my loyalty card number.

Showed it to the in-store manager, who referred me to their single in-store SBG "expert," who just shook her head and told me to call the 1-800 number, and when I called them, they told me to go back to the store and have the store call, which I did, and when the store called, they opened a case number and said to check back every couple of days, which we did, but never any update, so I finally did some research online, got a secondary 1-800 number, called in, explained everything, they referred me to someone else, who referred me to someone else, who finally got me in touch with a low-level IT guy, probably in the bowels of the building down on Court St., and he fixed it for me over the phone, then told me how the self-checkout people could clear that. That's right, for the next month, I had to tell whomever was working, "Ok, press 2, now press 4, go into Payments, then you'll see this number from my phone, and click OK." I basically trained them, and to this day, it's a running joke in the store that I'm "the SBG guy," because I know more about it than the employees who work there.

I had to go to Kroger to get some sweet corn and eggs this evening. I got another really good carton of, red all the way through, strawberries again.

CD
Same here! The local place is doing pick-your-own only right now, no pre-picked sales yet, so I got some from Kroger, and they're red all the way through.

In this case, what I didn't buy: Marmite. Out of stock, everywhere. With pubs being closed, breweries aren't brewing so the malt by-product that is the basis of Marmite isn't available.

In this case, what I didn't buy: Marmite. Out of stock, everywhere. With pubs being closed, breweries aren't brewing so the malt by-product that is the basis of Marmite isn't available.

Wow, that's a hardship. I can't imagine what I'd do without my sticky, dark brown food paste bi-product of brewing beer. I guess I would have to settle for good ole' Mercan Srapple, a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving.

You either love it, or you hate it. I understand Marmite is like that.

CD

Wow, that's a hardship. I can't imagine what I'd do without my sticky, dark brown food paste bi-product of brewing beer. I guess I would have to settle for good ole' Mercan Srapple, a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving.

You either love it, or you hate it. I understand Marmite is like that.

CD
Sounds a bit like rillettes if you left out the cornmeal/flour, but we would spread that on bread or toast.

Anise seed
Mustard powder
Sesame seeds
Ratte potatoes
Courgette
Radishes
Cucumber
Leeks
Watercress
Oranges
Lemons
Nectarines & wild peaches