What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr6 birthday tea last night. I also offered as an extra choice for main the leftover meatballs that TastyReuben posted. Son raved over them, I started to tell him what's in them, didn't want to know, he says he'll,just come here and eat them. All gone. Mr 8 also wolfed some down. Definitely doing again. I sent daughter copy of the recipe from my phone.
Nice day yesterday. For everyone.

Russ

Yesterday was Makro shopping:

6 cases of beer
Coriander leaf
Green oak lettuce
Bay leaf
Chilli powder
Australian beef burgers

I only wanted a small bunch. I'll need to dry some.

I ordered tomatoes last week from the organic farm I go to: a bag of cherry tomatoes, a pound of small "all-purpose" tomatoes (perfect for having with breakfast), and two pounds of big slicers.

We ate the cherry tomatoes, and we still have two of the AP ones, and three of the big ones. I anticipate those disappearing this week, so I just placed an order for more, plus two pounds of heirloom tomatoes.

Those arrive on Thursday. I just went to let the dog out, and I've found about 200 cherry tomatoes and about eight big tomatoes on my front porch, gift from the neighbor's garden.

We bought a pork butt, bone in, for $.99 per pound. That got marinated over night in sour orange mojo and roasted in the oven.

Lidl has an offer on for fresh not frozen Hungarian duck. We have had them before. They are more gamey than the Ayelsbury so we find them delicious. At 17.99 kuna or just over £2 a kg we bought 4. Also gyosa's, mini spring rolls, chili sauce, red and green Thai curry paste.
lidl-flyer.com

As you can deduce, all the ingredients are widely available here, however, my wife rarely makes her own. Generally she will use the red paste sent from the hills by her mother. If I need chilli paste I make my own. If I lived closer to our main market and it was not impossible to park, I wouldn't bother and buy from this guy.

056.jpg

We had run out of Turkish ground coffee, we went to Konzum to buy dishwasher things so I had a look in their coffee isle. I spied some single source Ugandan ground espresso coffee on offer at less than £2 for 250 grm.
Barista Blank made me a great double expresso with beautiful Crema to which I added a splash of hot milk. Outstanding coffee with a very robust flavor.

As you can deduce, all the ingredients are widely available here,
Mate, back in the day when I dealt with Siam Steel, the MD asked me what I wanted to do for entertainment at their expense. I did a seven day course in Chiang Mai. They showed us how to make the pastes. When they showed us the market he pointed out his favorite "paste" stall.

This is bad but I want those too!
Harder to find are the fourth monster cereal Yummy Mummy, and the fifth one, Frute Brute. I can get Yummy Mummy if I really search for it, but I haven't seen Frute Brute since I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom