What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butter, corn syrup, corn cookies, gluten free spaghetti. The sauces on the right are spicy lemon and tiku, sold by the father of one of my co-workers. The lemon one is called devilish lemon and is to die for. I'd love to know the ingredients but of course she won't tell me :D

I also got a beautiful monkfish. Beautiful is me mocking it, it's a very ugly fish, I didn't even take pics of the head not to hurt anyone's feelings, they cut its face in two :D I will be using the face for fish sauce.
Image from iOS (149).jpg

Butter, corn syrup, corn cookies, gluten free spaghetti. The sauces on the right are spicy lemon and tiku, sold by the father of one of my co-workers. The lemon one is called devilish lemon and is to die for. I'd love to know the ingredients but of course she won't tell me :D

I also got a beautiful monkfish. Beautiful is me mocking it, it's a very ugly fish, I didn't even take pics of the head not to hurt anyone's feelings, they cut its face in two :D I will be using the face for fish sauce.
View attachment 45987

I've never had monkfish, but it is on my list of fish I want to try. I can't get it around here.

Being both gluten and lactose intolerant has to suck. Bread and cheese are two of my favorite things.

CD

I've never had monkfish, but it is on my list of fish I want to try. I can't get it around here.

Being both gluten and lactose intolerant has to suck. Bread and cheese are two of my favorite things.

CD

It does suck, especially with bread and ice-cream. I'm learning to get around it by creating my own recipes with gluten-free flour and lactose-free milk.

When you do try monkfish make sure it's good quality. There's a variety that has an unpleasant jelly-like texture, especially the cheap, frozen kind. I paid good money to get myself a fresh monkfish.

It does suck, especially with bread and ice-cream. I'm learning to get around it by creating my own recipes with gluten-free flour and lactose-free milk.

When you do try monkfish make sure it's good quality. There's a variety that has an unpleasant jelly-like texture, especially the cheap, frozen kind. I paid good money to get myself a fresh monkfish.

I am salt and alcohol intolerant -- according to the doctor who probably saved my life. I've gotten used to the low salt part, the no vodka part really sucks. :thumbsdown:

CD

I didn't even take pics of the head not to hurt anyone's feelings, they cut its face in two :D I will be using the face for fish sauce.
When the in shore fishing season starts next month, they become very plentiful in the market. This pic is of the last one we bought last season. My wife makes soup and stock from the head. I tend to make light Thai, Bangladeshi, or Bengali spiced dishes out of the tail. This is my fav. I cook it down to half their liquid than add the fish because I like it with naan or chapatti's. I will make and post next month.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q41heaLitqI&ab_channel=ShowMeTheCurry.com

Oven chips and salad to go with one of the swordfish steaks I bought yesterday. I will grill on the BBQ tonight. The other is in the freezer as Mrs Blank prefers a piece of Hake from our freezer.

M
The last tub I bought, it sat in my fridge unopened for a few months, and I ended up tossing it because I got tired of moving it out of my way. :laugh:

The tub I just bought, it's for a Greek corn salad I'm making tomorrow.
y wife loves chicken and pumpkin risotto with feta, I must admit I tried it as well,and like it.

Russ

Lemons
Limes
Zucchini
Lettuce
Almond paste
Ground beef (dog)
Eggs
Boneless ham

For some reason, I'm thinking your dog eats better than I do. :hungry:

Psycho-poodle gets grocery store kibble. He also gets a Milk Bone every morning after he goes outside and pees. And... he gets some kind of treat after he goes outside to pee before we go to bed. Needless to say, he never pees in the house.

CD

For some reason, I'm thinking your dog eats better than I do. :hungry:

Psycho-poodle gets grocery store kibble. He also gets a Milk Bone every morning after he goes outside and pees. And... he gets some kind of treat after he goes outside to pee before we go to bed. Needless to say, he never pees in the house.

CD
Yeah, she eats well. She's struggling at the moment, not wanting to eat much, so we're falling back on the hamburger and rice routine. Personally, I think it's like trying to bail out a sinking ship, as she's 18, and these things are to be expected.

She's never peed in the house. She's pooped once, when she had a bout of exploding diarrhea at 3AM and I was too slow and groggy for the door. That was a treat and a half, I assure you. She's had a shoddy digestive system for as long as we've had her, and every couple of months, her gut would act up, but just the one accident.

I take that back, she peed once last year when they put her on a diuretic and started the initial dose too high. She didn't even know she was peeing, which was sad and funny at the same time.

She still gets around really well, she's in and out several times a day, walks over (more and more slowly) to see the neighbors three or four times a day, and pretends to go and sniff around the drain at the end of the driveway before hi-tailing it down the road. Luckily, she's easy to catch now. :laugh:

Yeah, she eats well. She's struggling at the moment, not wanting to eat much, so we're falling back on the hamburger and rice routine. Personally, I think it's like trying to bail out a sinking ship, as she's 18, and these things are to be expected.

She's never peed in the house. She's pooped once, when she had a bout of exploding diarrhea at 3AM and I was too slow and groggy for the door. That was a treat and a half, I assure you. She's had a shoddy digestive system for as long as we've had her, and every couple of months, her gut would act up, but just the one accident.

I take that back, she peed once last year when they put her on a diuretic and started the initial dose too high. She didn't even know she was peeing, which was sad and funny at the same time.

She still gets around really well, she's in and out several times a day, walks over (more and more slowly) to see the neighbors three or four times a day, and pretends to go and sniff around the drain at the end of the driveway before hi-tailing it down the road. Luckily, she's easy to catch now. :laugh:

Teddy is ten. Casey made it till 17. It's tough when they get old. As for food, like humans, a dog's taste buds get weak as they get old. Add some dog-safe herbs and spice to your dog's food. That and fat. When Casey was in her last months, I fed her mostly people food. Yeah it's not good for a dog, but she was not going to be around much longer.

Oh yeah, secret is out. My name isn't Casey, and I'm not a dog.

CD

Dil and Trine are coming for lunch tomorrow. Dil's taste buds are still F'ed up by Covid so spicy is of the menu. He requested Moussaka for the main course. Mrs Blank will do her fabulous Mont Blanc for desert. The weather is hot again so I am thinking Salmorejo as the local tomatoes are still full of flavor. We will shop for most of the ingredients today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom