What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't entertain growing your own would you????
My wife loves picking daily. My seeds are not germinating so I'm off to a slow start.

Russ

I have grown them in the past but with minimal success and at the price that they are here, it doesn't seem worth it. My wife grows mangoes, limes, star gooseberries, turmeric, galangal and tamarind. We really should grow coriander but haven't yet got around to it.

I have grown them in the past but with minimal success and at the price that they are here, it doesn't seem worth it. My wife grows mangoes, limes, star gooseberries, turmeric, galangal and tamarind. We really should grow coriander but haven't yet got around to it.

MY wife's looking into growing galangal and turmeric , I must ask her what's happening. Tamarind I get real cheap here.

Russ

Italian sweet potato variety - I’ll try them tomorrow
Still have an American one left which I’ll cook today, probably with those Paccheri.

My local Kroger carries no port, but I found out yesterday that ALDI do carry it, so I got a bottle and can't wait to try it. We usually get ruby port, but this is tawny port, so I'm even more excited.

Not for me. Far too sweet. I must dig out my favourite recipe for sweet potatoes...
The usual way around here is baked, and then covered in butter, sugar, and cinnamon - you wouldn't like that at all (I don't, either).

How about the port in a cup made of dark chocolate? Ginjinha (sour cherry liqueur) is drank like that. You eat the cup after you finish drinking.
One of the steakhouses around here serves it that way. It's really nice!

My local Kroger carries no port, but I found out yesterday that ALDI do carry it, so I got a bottle and can't wait to try it. We usually get ruby port, but this is tawny port, so I'm even more excited.

I don't care much for Tawny Portos. The wood barrel aging leaves a pretty heavy wood taste, to me.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom