What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can of creamed corn
Half-and-half
Milk
Butter
Cream cheese
Cereal (Cinnamon Life, Raisin Nut Bran, Total)
Corn syrup
Raw whole almonds
Sliced almonds
Corn muffin mix
Olive oil
Capers

I need to stop buying meat, until I use up at least half of what I have vacuum-sealed in the freezer. That is a downside to a vacuum sealer -- you can keep meat frozen for so long, you forget you have it.

CD
Except for the dog, I don't think I've bought any meat for the last two weeks, and I don't think I need any this next week, either.

Croatians call it Hamburger, I call it bacon. Bacon and eggs tonight.

Few days ago I’ve found - and immediately picked up - these American sweet potatoes since I have never tasted them... I’m always so chuffed when I find something new to try!

View attachment 46310

View attachment 46311

View attachment 46312

You might like them - I'm not a fan as they are, literally, sweet. I have a few recipes which I do like which use them - offset with sour and hot flavours. Otherwise I find them cloyingly sweet. They aren't anything like potatoes IMHO. More like yams.

You might like them - I'm not a fan as they are, literally, sweet. I have a few recipes which I do like which use them - offset with sour and hot flavours. Otherwise I find them cloyingly sweet. They aren't anything like potatoes IMHO. More like yams.

Yes I am not a great fan of them either for the same reasons. I find them okay when fried, but I don't order or cook them for myself.

Baked in their jacket with lots of butter, salt and pepper, oh my! :D

Yeah, I’ve remembered that I’ve already had them as chips the last time I have been to London. They were not bad at all, I hadn’t finished all of them though because of their sweetness, that’s right. However, different savoury/sweet combos keep bouncing in my mind.. I’ll give ‘em a try tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom