What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was craving cookies. The alcohol came along for the ride
1AA43BBE-3D61-4D46-B188-35241624DE16.jpeg

Hey TR, do you have a Total Wine and More store near you? That place is amazing. You would have a good time there.

View attachment 47681View attachment 47682

View attachment 47683

CD
No, we don't have one of those. The closest would be Party Source (which is massive...like I've gotten lost and had to have help to find the exit) and Jungle Jim's, which is pretty big, but not like Party Source.

We're going to Party Source next week, yay!

I found a purée that I'll probably try, depending on how many I get.

It's like vegetable Christmas!

My mistake. I've just realised you are referring to whole fresh Shishito Peppers. What I have is not that at all but Japanese peppercorns called Sansho Verts. Something else entirely!

I looked up shishito peppers - apparently they are very wrinkly. They seem to generally be served whole, charred or fried in some way.See here:

9 Restaurant-Worthy Shishito Pepper Recipes That You Can Make at Home

Hemulen I'm eyeing that lemon flavor which I never found in Portugal! Yesterday the supermarket had cappuccino, ginger, orange and another flavor I don't remember. The cappuccino ones are delicious but I love anything coffee flavored.

I looked up shishito peppers - apparently they are very wrinkly. They seem to generally be served whole, charred or fried in some way.See here:
I saw several recipes for serving them that way, but a side dish of whole charred peppers isn't that appealing to me. It seemed to be the only way people were preparing them. I changed my google strategy and came up with purées, dips, sauces, and soups pretty quickly, though.

I have a note with about 30 recipes now for arugula, squash, kale, and pumpkin. I'll need to add sweet potatoes and radishes to that as well. Hopefully, they've put all the stuff I don't like into one month, and the next three will be better.

My mistake. I've just realised you are referring to whole fresh Shishito Peppers. What I have is not that at all but Japanese peppercorns called Sansho Verts. Something else entirely!

9 Restaurant-Worthy Shishito Pepper Recipes That You Can Make at Home

If these are they...........

Shishito-peppers.jpg

We have them here. I've been calling them Anaheim peppers for years. Very mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom