What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My doctors clinic is near a very good butcher. We bought 500 grms of veal escalope some for tonight and 1 kg of calves liver for tomorrow with the balance going into the freezer. Both the liver and the escalopes were about £ 7.50 a kg.

If these are they...........

View attachment 47706

We have them here. I've been calling them Anaheim peppers for years. Very mild.

Anaheim are larger apparently:

Nakd bars are a thing here in Portugal too although I've never tried them.

MypinchofItaly if you like chocolate, look for a chain of shops called Hotel Cocolat. They have delicious chocolates that they make and every store you enter the staff will offer you bombons to taste (not sure if they still do that during covid though). There's one such store on Shafestbury Avenue (right in front of Forbidden Planet which is a super fun store), other one close to Trafalgar square and another in Victoria station.

I bought my wife a coffee from out local one this morning! Boy, are they expensive.

Hotel Chocolat. Fixed that for you. :)

Have to admit I never had coffee there but I didn't think the chocolate was expensive, I remember buying 3 small packs of bombons for 10£. I thought it was a good price for "premium" chocolate.

LissaC - several months ago, one of the suppliers my wife works with gifted her several boxes of Hotel Chocolat:

Oh my, you TastyReuben and MypinchofItaly are giving me serious London nostalgia. Those big boxes with an assortment of different chocolates are a dream. This week I successfully kept myself from ordering cookies and tea from Fortnum & Mason not only were the items expensive the delivery cost was 15£. But the delivery costs from Hotel Chocolat are "only" 9,95£ and they guarantee 100% happiness. I'm thinking...

Nakd bars are a thing here in Portugal too although I've never tried them.

MypinchofItaly if you like chocolate, look for a chain of shops called Hotel Cocolat. They have delicious chocolates that they make and every store you enter the staff will offer you bombons to taste (not sure if they still do that during covid though). There's one such store on Shafestbury Avenue (right in front of Forbidden Planet which is a super fun store), other one close to Trafalgar square and another in Victoria station.

Thank you so much for the advice, very appreciated since I am a huge fan of chocolate

Oh my, you TastyReuben and MypinchofItaly are giving me serious London nostalgia. Those big boxes with an assortment of different chocolates are a dream. This week I successfully kept myself from ordering cookies and tea from Fortnum & Mason not only were the items expensive the delivery cost was 15£. But the delivery costs from Hotel Chocolat are "only" 9,95£ and they guarantee 100% happiness. I'm thinking...

We have two local Chocolatiers, Hoffman's and Jimmie's. Both make excellent truffle's. The best of the commercial brands, IMO, is Sarah See's, now called See's Candies. I first had them in the mid '70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom