What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped for some Korean and Mexican ingredients today. Winona loves ramen noodles at work for lunch..
F39EDA94-1A50-4F68-81B1-C1DBEA278D44.jpeg

I actually disagree. My first attempt was a disaster as my shortbread turned a tad bit brown on the bottom making the entire shortbread taste bitter.
Try this, on a ratio of 3:2:1 - Flour, butter, sugar. (and a pinch of salt) . Oven at 350º. Just press the dough into the baking dish, and try and keep it even. If it looks a bit pale. doesn´t matter.

For a reason unknown to me, my wife brought home a bag (400 gm) of salted peanuts. On the front of the bag in 10 mm high letters it says "Salted Peanuts". On the back in 3 mm high letters it states "this product contains peanuts".

Peanuts.jpg

Last edited:
I've just taken delivery of an order I made at the end of last week. I'd run out of saffron and dried barberries, so had gone hunting online, trying to find a company with a good rating/ recommendations that read true and that also sold saffron in greater quantities than 1g.

The result was a company that did a sample hamper of their stock as well as larger quantities. The delivery arrived this morning.
I forgot to take a photo of the box, but it was very well presented. All of the sample containers are screw lid ones where the bottom of one container twist locks into the top of the next container. Great for my spice shelf!

Then the whole reason for the order...

I'll make some saffron tea up shortly to test the quality of the saffron.

Ok, here’s the food things we bought:

C3386BCD-4F46-4653-8BC7-487B242B8277.jpeg

All that cheese is for…meez!

6D407F9C-CD79-4781-905A-D289066229F3.jpeg

Half-and-half was for tea for the room, and Eli’s cheesecake is a nostalgic thing for MrsT.

DB6BE60C-16F2-4730-A305-0A37189E1B47.jpeg

The instant oatmeal is for MrsT, I don’t eat that flavored paste. All that tea is for her as well.

BFF243C9-6A25-417C-B8FB-207CD43AC4C5.jpeg

I have never in my life seen salt & vinegar Pik-Nik sticks, so I bought those, and the beans because I’ve never had that brand.

A4DCF187-A83B-43BB-8F37-2F9ED3D82875.jpeg

The two on the left are MrsT’s and the other one is mine.

4C37BED3-2044-4885-80E1-6337E06C893C.jpeg

That is indeed four (yes, four) boxes of Quisp cereal, and if I so much as look at it, my azz is grass, as we used to say. That’s all hers. Marc’s is the only place that I’ve seen selling that in the last 20 years, so she had to stock up.

1130CD12-8131-4C23-A213-D7D76668F16B.jpeg

Two more long johns/cream sticks and some fry pies. My one fry pie indulgence - raisin.

0B1256B2-79BD-4616-8DEC-3CC166A5BEB4.jpeg

Both for MrsT. This is how I know she’s getting sick and tired of WW - I’ve never seen that woman so much as acknowledge a bag of pork rinds, ever, and she came out of the store with those.

View attachment 97829
The two on the left are MrsT’s and the other one is mine.

View attachment 97830
That is indeed four (yes, four) boxes of Quisp cereal, and if I so much as look at it, my azz is grass, as we used to say. That’s all hers. Marc’s is the only place that I’ve seen selling that in the last 20 years, so she had to stock up.

View attachment 97831
Two more long johns/cream sticks and some fry pies. My one fry pie indulgence - raisin.

View attachment 97832
Both for MrsT. This is how I know she’s getting sick and tired of WW - I’ve never seen that woman so much as acknowledge a bag of pork rinds, ever, and she came out of the store with those.

I can hand on heart say that the only items in your photos that appeal to me are the dried beans. I'm slightly unsure what a fry pie is but it doesn't look very appetising to me. And I'm now worrying about Mrs T's diet...

I can hand on heart say that the only items in your photos that appeal to me are the dried beans. I'm slightly unsure what a fry pie is but it doesn't look very appetising to me. And I'm now worrying about Mrs T's diet...

A fried pie is what it sounds like. It is kind of like an empanada, but with some kind of sweet pie filling. It is cooked by frying, instead of baking. They often have an icing glaze on them, like a glazed donut. They are really quite good, although not healthy at all. They were everywhere when I was a kid, but now they are harder to find, which is probably why TR bought them.

CD

We’ve had a couple of discussions about fry pies/fried pies/hand pies on here before. I’ll have to track that down.

The diet…these things will all be portioned out judiciously - the fry pies and doughnuts are already in the deep-freeze (minus one fry pie each, which will likely be eaten in thirds).

The snack chips…I don’t know what she was thinking, but I have a feeling those will last a while.

I’m surprised you didn’t like the cheese, though! 🧀

They were everywhere when I was a kid, but now they are harder to find
They’re everywhere here. I can even buy them at the gas station. The problem is finding the raisin ones. I bought one for me and one for my dad. He loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom