What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those “highly collectable “ tins that are stacked up to the rafters in every second hand shop and flea market around.
We’ve got probably 30 or so - if something comes in a decorative tin, MrsT won’t throw it out, no matter how…undecorative it is, like those ones for “Danish” butter cookies that you can buy at the pharmacy for $3. We have ‘em.

if something comes in a decorative tin, MrsT won’t throw it out,
I´ve just driven the dustmen (translation: garbage collectors) insane, cramming every single bin to the top with all sorts of stuff.
Including, I might add, about 20-30 of those bloody tins you and rocklobster collect. My mum was a member of your group :D :D

Shortbread is the easiest thing in the world to make . Any tin with a picture of the Queen on it must cost about 10 times more than making it yourself! :D :D :D
I actually disagree. My first attempt was a disaster as my shortbread turned a tad bit brown on the bottom making the entire shortbread taste bitter. I have yet to try a second time, but since shortbread are a calorie bomb, I've been postponing that.

I actually disagree. My first attempt was a disaster as my shortbread turned a tad bit brown on the bottom making the entire shortbread taste bitter. I have yet to try a second time, but since shortbread are a calorie bomb, I've been postponing that.
+1

Hot cross buns for lunch. Toasted with butter and raspberry jam
Hmmm.

Russ

20230313_112447.jpg

New breakfast goodies. Yes, with sugar! It's done me no harm so far to keep cereal in my diet. And I love Disney. I do have enough muesli for a year now lol :laugh:
20230315_125731.jpg

20230315_125659.jpg

20230315_125853.jpg

The big Lion King tube has fruity muesli ( muesli with dried banana and red fruits) and the other tubes are a mix of fruit & chocolate. So all of them are in my favorite flavor category!
And I got a travel muesli bowl for free with the package.

The Manager's Specials in the meat department at Kroger was very kind to me, today. Brisket/Chuck burgers (brisket for flavor, chuck for fat). Also, some think cut ribeye steaks. I use them for my Chicken Fried Steaks, and they are good for steak and eggs for breakfast. The, a couple of NY Strips with decent marbling. I am dry-aging one in my dorm fridge. Probably a short dry-aging -- less than a week. I'd need a big chunk of meat to go any longer.

IMG_2237.JPG

CD

I saw this at the our local Greengrocer

IMG_2732.JPG
IMG_2733.JPG

I didn't buy any, because I make my own.
Whenever I find Pork Butt on sale for less than $2/pound, I make up a big ole batch, divvy it up and freeze it.
I figure it costs me about 17¢/ounce - huge difference in price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom