What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olive Muffalata? What is that combined of?

I’ll post the ingredients when I’m back home.

Here ya go:

83DCD5D6-E5E1-4F2A-BE2F-9DEB52C5600B.jpeg

I scored big at Kroger yesterday. In the "Manager's Special" (meat that is very close to the sell-by date) section of the meat department, they had Certified Angus 80/20 ground beef marked down to $2.68 a pound. They had three packages of one pound each. I bought them all.

I bought a one pound chub of Wataburger branded pork sausage today at H-E-B. I want to mix the two and do a smoked meatloaf. Maybe this weekend.

I mix ground beef and pork all the time for meatloaf, but I've been wanting to try a mix of beef and breakfast style sausage.

CD

I scored big at Kroger yesterday. In the "Manager's Special" (meat that is very close to the sell-by date) section of the meat department, they had Certified Angus 80/20 ground beef marked down to $2.68 a pound. They had three packages of one pound each. I bought them all.

I bought a one pound chub of Wataburger branded pork sausage today at H-E-B. I want to mix the two and do a smoked meatloaf. Maybe this weekend.

I mix ground beef and pork all the time for meatloaf, but I've been wanting to try a mix of beef and breakfast style sausage.

CD
I too need to make meatloaf. Pics when you do please.

Russ

Heading out to look.for 12 red capsicum for chilly sauce. It's the carrier for about 300 chillies seeds in.
I will get about 30 x 300ml bottles
Then 4 litres malt vinegar for bottling a sack of beetroot to cook . I have a lot of beetroot!!! Product of swaps. Cost = 0

Russ

Thanks I signed up.
I dont like olives though lol.

Russ
No kinds of olives? I suppose you could find some suitable substitution, but then it wouldn't be a muffaletta anymore. Kinda like me and grandma's pizza, LOL!

No kinds of olives? I suppose you could find some suitable substitution, but then it wouldn't be a muffaletta anymore. Kinda like me and grandma's pizza, LOL!
They are available I just dont like them. My mate david buys them in big 5litre jars. He eats them like lollies/sweets.

Russ

They are available I just dont like them. My mate david buys them in big 5litre jars. He eats them like lollies/sweets.

Russ
No, I got you the first time. When you said you don't like olives I figured you meant that you don't like olives. I just mean that you could sub out some chow chow or whatever the heck you do like, LOL.

I am not fond of black olives and I do like green ones and kalamatas, sometimes. It depends on what I am using them for. I like a cheesy snack where cheddar and flour are mixed together and wrapped around a green olive then baked. I like kalamatas on salads. I rarely eat black ones. If they are on a pizza I will eat them (not something I would order) and not complain, but just not my thing.

No, I got you the first time. When you said you don't like olives I figured you meant that you don't like olives. I just mean that you could sub out some chow chow or whatever the heck you do like, LOL.
That recipe was too big for me. I like 3or 4 ingredients, not a pantry lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom