What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the vegetable horizon, a 500 g bag of fresh spinach, a 200 g jar of piquillo pepper pickled with garlic (it was marked down, so I was motivated to try it, it is good, I love baked pickled peppers, I just added a squezze of fresh lemon juice, and then it was perfect for me...), Sauerkraut, 500 g, pickled yellow bell peppers.
Instead of meat, we treated ourselves with Norwegian smoked salmon. It was gone in two meals, it was that good, and we had not eaten it in a long time. And it was marked down.:dance:
Those lovely Braeburn apples were still available, so I had some of those, 2 oranges, and we still have some kiwi and bananas to go through.
Vegan mayo, which tastes really well. Vegan cheese topping, which is well, ok.

Here’s a funky pasta we brought in and isn’t selling well so I thought I would bring a box home. Make Carbonara with it.
9E53474D-6FC6-4653-AABB-4B94259D4A73.jpeg

Stopped off at the local IGA close to physio and just had to buy 3 of the passionfruit. They were 99c each (50p) but they are huge. The heaviest weighs 130g, the lightest 115g.

20230227_114845.jpg
20230227_114857.jpg

I put the bananas and a nectarine into the shot for perspective.

I've eaten one already. Luckily i weighed it because when I came to logging it on MFP, passionfruit, large, 1 was something daft like 25 calories. No way was that only 25 calories. Going by weight is closer to 85-90kcals (the flesh only was 85g).

Gorgeous passionfruit around now. Haven’t had my summer fill of them yet. Must correct that asap.

I did have this beautiful fruit box from an Asian grocer yesterday. Not sure what it weighed but this sized plastic box holds 1000ml.

661EB294-CC31-46AF-B56E-0E0017914709.jpeg
8D9774F4-25F5-4BF1-BE9F-F1AEC2741FB6.jpeg

This was breakfast part 2 after some pork buns at the BBQ yum cha place next door to the market. 4 freshly steamed handmade buns were $5

So that was breakfast for myself and my adult daughter for $10.

Our coffees cost us more than our food!

Last edited:
Gorgeous passionfruit around now. Haven’t had my summer fill of them yet. Must correct that asap
It was delicious and very juicy. Very hard to stop myself eating the other 2.
I'm back that way on Thursday so I'll get some more then. Cheaper and bigger than the ones at Woolies at the moment.

I also use them to flavour my water kefir so I might buy a few more...

I need to get a second variety to get mine fruiting I think. I'll put that down as a job for this autumn/ winter and get some more support for it in the colour bond fence it loves growing up. (I've just folded a piece of metal mesh fencing over it. It needs more putting on each side now though. )

Yeah. The imported stuff can get up there in price. We have some stuff from Naples listed at 10.99 per bag. It’s a nice treat for a special dinner, but not something many would buy regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom