What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5AD369ED-27C1-48C2-88C0-2624C50F45A3.jpeg

That middle pack was purchased at legendary Luken Meats. That’s “Lukenese” for some unsliced streaky bacon.

Morrison's sage! How does that end up in Thailand?
I'd imagine the same way that Waitrose branded stuff (tomato pesto, tinned beans tinned tomatoes, pasta, etc) used to find its way to a very small supermarket in a very small town on the Island of Rhodes (Greece) well outside of the normal tourist areas. Someone presumably buys it and either ships it out via post or brings it in on their hold luggage. I'm guessing they are selling to the expat market.

I have stocked up on garlic! Most of mine was destroyed my wild birds earlier in the season, but way too late to plant any new... so I've bought 2kg of cured garlic and some garlic granules to get me through to about May (maybe? )

20230219_114141.jpg

I've not tried their garlic granules before but they got Silver in the Sydney Royal (Agricultural) Show in 2021 so they must be reasonably decent.

20230219_114215.jpg

Blue moon
This has to be my favourite version.
Blue Moon Belgian-style beer is not bad, because I´ve had some draught tipples which were quite acceptable.
However, it is evident that, since the company is now owned by two of the worst brewers in the world - Miller - Coors - the beer will be gradually degraded by adding mango, passion fruit, strawberries, huckleberries, cinnamon rolls and Mac´n´Cheese flavourings.

I frequently buy things from the anti waste food store, they sell products that are going out of store ranges for reduced prices.
Now I happen to love chocolate with berry flavor filling, but it's never available anywhere.( I found out I loved that combo when I lived in the UK) Until recently I found this, which I love! But unfortunately it means it's already out of the stores again. Sigh. Dutch people only want caramel, coffee and nut flavor chocolate.
20230222_160902.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom