What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing out of the ordinary, but here goes (ALDI & Kroger):

DEFAA0FA-225F-4C75-9576-806F795CCA8B.jpeg 0BA7EA13-454B-46FF-AD08-C3F84AE202A4.jpeg 2C5EC5AF-7F52-441B-A6B6-7ABD1C96C0FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I honestly don't mind the kids swearing, I've sat quietly in rooms with them and listened to some of the stuff they watch on you tube, to get their thinking?

Russ
I always told my kids that it wasn't what wprds they said that mattered, it was how they delivered the words that was important. I explained how simple words that were not cusswords said in a mean-spirited manner could hurt someone's feelings far more than just joking around and teasingly using cusswords. But I also told them to be careful where they used that kind of language as it could have them expelled from school! They got it.

So yeah, I am with you on that.

I always told my kids that it wasn't what wprds they said that mattered, it was how they delivered the words that was important. I explained how simple words that were not cusswords said in a mean-spirited manner could hurt someone's feelings far more than just joking around and teasingly using cusswords. But I also told them to be careful where they used that kind of language as it could have them expelled from school! They got it.

So yeah, I am with you on that.
About a month ago I was watching the 2 boys 10 and 8. Watching YouTube videos with swearing. I never said anything but mentioned to my son he should block their content? He said, oh yeah and did nothing. They are good kids and have good friends imho. I grew up in a rough area so swearing was the norm.

Russ

I grew up in a rough area so swearing was the norm.
My mom once beat a visitor (sawmill customer) with her broom and threw him out of the house for saying “freakin’.”

He tried to explain, between whacks, that he said “freakin’” and not “f**kin’” and Mom was having none of that - “Well, I know what word it means! NOW GET OUT!”

He was a frequent customer, but was never welcomed back in the house, or even on the porch, but he was too afraid to attempt it anyway, so it all worked out.

My mom once beat a visitor (sawmill customer) with her broom and threw him out of the house for saying “freakin’.”

He tried to explain, between whacks, that he said “freakin’” and not “f**kin’” and Mom was having none of that - “Well, I know what word it means! NOW GET OUT!”

He was a frequent customer, but was never welcomed back in the house, or even on the porch, but he was too afraid to attempt it anyway, so it all worked out.
I thought lee might have had a cameo role somewhere there? Lol

Russ

I've been wanting to go to the farmer's market/produce place for a while. We decided to go today and get enough fresh produce so we don't have to grocery shop until Tuesday or Wednesday.
20230203_125739.jpg

Fingerling potatoes, poblanos and yellow beets.

20230203_130757.jpg

From top left, a watermelon radish, cara caras, cheese curds, burrata and heirloom tomatoes.

We also got zucchini, brown mushrooms and red and yellow bell peppers, but I didn't take a pic of them.

The beet greens are nice so something will get done with them. I have to decide what to do with the watermelon radish but everything else has a plan.

They had honeybell oranges, which are really good, but every single one of them was super squishy, which means the tree has been pulling juice out of them because there has been very little rain in central and south florida the last couple months.

Bread and white vinegar, I'm.bottling pickled gerkins. Shrimp and shroom. Chicken schnitzel. Beef mince for my new entree I'm trying. Curry puffs. Week after hush puppies. Looking forward to both.

Russ

I wont . What do you serve with? I was thinking Japanese mayo??.

Russ
Usually, fried fish!

I’ve eaten probably thousands of hush puppies in my life, and I’ve never dipped one in anything, or seen anyone dip one in anything.

No doubt, somebody somewhere has, but I’ve never encountered that. You just eat them the way they are alongside fried fish, coleslaw, potato salad, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom