What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
740ml is the biggest I can find. But there's probably 1 litre bottles available somewhere. I don't actually use it.
I've never previously used it, but unless I'm familiar with the flavour of the end product (it is in a recipe), I don't know how to replace it, hence the extravagant $2.80 we paid for a Thai version last week. This week it's back to $5.60.
I only bought it to try to participate in the ingredient challenge...

Chinese new year's Rabbit filled with candy
20230125_170948.jpg

Those look great, but now I’m wondering what happens to the 70% that don’t make the cut. If being in the elite 30% gets you slaughtered and eaten… 😱
I'm sure they still get slaughrered and eaten, they just don't get the fancy sticker on the package 🙄. They probably end up in Save A Lot stores or other low-end grocers.

I recently acquired whole strip frozen porterhouse/strip steak. I thawed for few hours so I could cut it. 3 strips, 2 refrozen and 1 left out and cut into 6 fat steaks.
We had them a few weeks ago with friends.

Russ
I have often thought that I need to get another freezer. I have a small chest freezer in the garage and the one that is in the kitchen refrigerator unit. But these days it's usually just the two of us, we don't have gatherings like we used to do. FIL is still recovering from open heart surgery he had right before Christmas and the kids are all really busy or live too far away, so we just kinda hang out by ourselves these days.

I have often thought that I need to get another freezer. I have a small chest freezer in the garage and the one that is in the kitchen refrigerator unit. But these days it's usually just the two of us, we don't have gatherings like we used to do. FIL is still recovering from open heart surgery he had right before Christmas and the kids are all really busy or live too far away, so we just kinda hang out by ourselves these days.
I have 2 chest freezers about 14? Cu ft plus our old fridge freezer in the garage. Chest ones are very old. Plus I have a fridge freezer in my kitchen . Maytag with ice/water dispenser . All are choke block full. I stocked up over xmas beef samosas 40, vege samosas 40 and croquettes 30 all in ice cream containers. All entrees for family dinners over next 6 months. I have 2 whole lambs cut up as well. We could survive about 12 months without buying anything else??
I have approx 30 porterhouse and 20 fillet steaks.
Way too much?

Russ

I have 2 chest freezers about 14? Cu ft plus our old fridge freezer in the garage. Chest ones are very old. Plus I have a fridge freezer in my kitchen . Maytag with ice/water dispenser . All are choke block full. I stocked up over xmas beef samosas 40, vege samosas 40 and croquettes 30 all in ice cream containers. All entrees for family dinners over next 6 months. I have 2 whole lambs cut up as well. We could survive about 12 months without buying anything else??
I have approx 30 porterhouse and 20 fillet steaks.
Way too much?

Russ
NO! Never too much. I am a food horder to some extent, but I do use what I buy and I rotate my purchases. And with the army of family and friends you have, you NEED that much space!

NO! Never too much. I am a food horder to some extent, but I do use what I buy and I rotate my purchases. And with the army of family and friends you have, you NEED that much space!

We recently went with family to lake hood son took his boat and kids knee boarding. I took sausage rolls and eldest grandson said anything I make are awesome. He actually said to me when we were alone ( f$#@ing awesome gang gang) he is the one most like me

Lol

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom