What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few goodies arrived by courier today...

20230523_115409.jpg

Though we may need to work on the concept of delivery! Lol...
I came home to find it on the lawn. It looks like it was removed from the vehicle and just left there, going by the tyre marks.

20230523_120007.jpg

Way too heavy for me to move without unloading it or getting a trolley.

20230523_121439.jpg

4kg of a very delicious date paste ($4 a tub, that's £2). Some of the same in syrup form, a very expensive bottle of sweet & sour pomegranate syrup (the molasses by the company on the label is even more expensive!), rose petals and rose powder (makes great herbal tea with greek wild thyme and saffron) and a small container of barberries (everything is wholesale prices so cheaper to buy a kg from this company than to go and buy 250g from other companies! )...

20230523_121446.jpg

And a box of dates. A 10kg box of dates mind you but it was $66/10kg (or £33/10kg) instead of supermarket prices starting at $22/kg. So they'll keep. I'll divide them into 500g bags and freeze most and put the rest in air tight zip lock bags into the fridge.

20230523_121504.jpg

And yes, they taste good. Not quite as nice as the ones I like that are $20/800g, but not far off and much more affordable. That'll be about a year's supply. The company gave recommendations on storage (rebag and freeze.) We usually get about ⅕-¼kg a week...

Maybe a she with very little arm strength?
Nah, that's me. The courier was a male (guess he still is really!) and much bigger and stronger than me. Plus they could easily have driven all the way to my garage and back door. Nothing was stopping them, except perhaps initiative and common sense. Luckily yesterday was a sunny day, but with a heavy frost, the box was wet.

I found a shop today that I've not been to before and oh boy, was it great.

That was all from the one shop.
Stuff I was out of, stuff I'm nearly put off, stuff I'd like to try and stuff I hadn't previously been able to get but have now found or never heard of... this was just the tip of the iceberg in that shop.

TastyReuben what do you use maple flakes for?

Just bought a smoked chicken plus another half. Kids are getting hungrier.
Smoked chicken fettuccine tomorrow.
I picked up a pizza on way home.
Pan pizza super supreme $14. Wifes out for dinner and the ballet. Her friends some is the star turn. Studied at julliard in murica .
I think its romeo and juliet???
About to make brulees for tomorrow.
Brand new 55inches tv up and working.

Russ

I found a shop today that I've not been to before and oh boy, was it great.

That was all from the one shop.
Stuff I was out of, stuff I'm nearly put off, stuff I'd like to try and stuff I hadn't previously been able to get but have now found or never heard of... this was just the tip of the iceberg in that shop.

TastyReuben what do you use maple flakes for?
Some amazing stuff there. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it 👏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom