What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the ultimate poor boy who has " stuff" now but ballet and the arts are not my thing. Wife just told me this morning , funny thing happened at the ballet last night. Near the end someone had a low beeping noise coming from them. Everyone was leaving and the noise was from a woman wearing an ankle bracelet. She was arrested when leaving the theater.
Dont get me wrong, my kids have been bought up with the arts etc. They appreciate stuff like that.
We have 2 watercolors worth a lot of money, bought on my wifes advice 30 years ago.

Russ

I studied art in college (Uni). But, I can do without ballet and opera. I love a good symphony.

CD

I don't think the rest of it is something you would want to eat, too many bones to work around, kind of like chicken feet, which was a 1 and done for me, as was alligator tail. Maybe neck and backstrap would be easy to eat, but, again, alligator wasn't something I will knowingly put in my mouth again.
I actually liked it okay. I thought it was pricey for something that tasted like chicken. I had it pounded out and fried. I do like chicken better, though.

I'm the ultimate poor boy who has " stuff" now but ballet and the arts are not my thing. Wife just told me this morning , funny thing happened at the ballet last night. Near the end someone had a low beeping noise coming from them. Everyone was leaving and the noise was from a woman wearing an ankle bracelet. She was arrested when leaving the theater.
Dont get me wrong, my kids have been bought up with the arts etc. They appreciate stuff like that.
We have 2 watercolors worth a lot of money, bought on my wifes advice 30 years ago.

Russ
Yeah, I prefer a hard rock concert. My next oldest sister loves ballet and opera. She gets season tickets. Funny thing is, she is the one who used to run with a biker gang in the 70s, but she later evolved into becoming a state department employee and her world changed. Mine didn't.

My husband's 3 girls were all in the Children's Ballet Theater here and he used to do their buns and makeup, LOL. I suffered through many a Nutcracker but not a big fan of that stuff.

Hey rascal , look where my apple came from:

IMG_4535.jpeg

Wow. Surprised me. Taste good??

Russ
I did a little reading - apparently, they’re grown in two places; NZ and Washington state. If you’re getting them here in the spring/summer, they came from NZ. If it’s autumn/winter, they came from Washington state.

As to the taste…very juicy, not terribly sweet, but the real kicker is they actually have a sort of fizzy aspect to them. MrsT’s reaction was, “Weird…they’re juicy and drying my mouth out at the same time.”

I did a little reading - apparently, they’re grown in two places; NZ and Washington state. If you’re getting them here in the spring/summer, they came from NZ. If it’s autumn/winter, they came from Washington state.

As to the taste…very juicy, not terribly sweet, but the real kicker is they actually have a sort of fizzy aspect to them. MrsT’s reaction was, “Weird…they’re juicy and drying my mouth out at the same time.”

I grew up with granny smith. If I was lucky?

Russ

Prime apple season in Washington is in the fall, I've heard.

I've also heard that some types of pears have that mouth drying effect.

CD

That's better than I expected. But, I pay less than that for an 8OZ (225G) bag here. Ancho chilis are a very common commodity in Texas, so they are pretty cheap. Many dried chilis are pretty cheap here.

CD
They do a 200g bag for $12.
Hunting around online, the cheapest I can get 200g is roughly $10 (USD), so yes, they are a touch more expensive when you move to larger quantities, but I'd have to pay a postage for those, making them more expensive in the long run (aus postage is expensive and slow. It starts at AUS$9-10. Express will take 3-4 days and starts at AUS$15/USD$10.)

So, there are other places online that I can buy chillies cheaper, but getting specific types can be quite difficult, plus I don't mind paying a little extra to keep shops like these open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom