What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a paltry offering after all those fantastic ingredients but on the upside it’s for a the caper recipe challenge. I usually skip the black garlic due to the price of it and just use normal garlic but as it’s you guys I’m pushing the boat out 😂

Well so long as I remember to pack it 😂
View attachment 100515
My main issue with black garlic is that both my hubby and I can happily eat the cloves straight from the pot/jar, so they rarely actually get used in anything! :whistling:

@TastyReuben what do you use maple flakes for?
I have no idea, I’ve never seen those before. Here, maple comes in syrup and candy form, and that’s about it.

What are you planning on doing with it? MrsT would probably sprinkle those on ice cream, or just eat those with a spoon right from the jar.

My main issue with black garlic is that both my hubby and I can happily eat the cloves straight from the pot/jar, so they rarely actually get used in anything! :whistling:
Lol. When I was reading the reviews for it someone asked "How long does it last once opened?" followed by hundreds of answers saying not long, you can't stop eating it!

Just bought a smoked chicken plus another half. Kids are getting hungrier.
Smoked chicken fettuccine tomorrow.
I picked up a pizza on way home.
Pan pizza super supreme $14. Wifes out for dinner and the ballet. Her friends some is the star turn. Studied at julliard in murica .
I think its romeo and juliet???
About to make brulees for tomorrow.
Brand new 55inches tv up and working.

Russ
What, you didn't want to tag along for the ballet? :D

Should I grill this out this weekend?

IMG_4519.jpeg

I don't think the rest of it is something you would want to eat, too many bones to work around, kind of like chicken feet, which was a 1 and done for me, as was alligator tail. Maybe neck and backstrap would be easy to eat, but, again, alligator wasn't something I will knowingly put in my mouth again.

I found a shop today that I've not been to before and oh boy, was it great.

That was all from the one shop.
Stuff I was out of, stuff I'm nearly put off, stuff I'd like to try and stuff I hadn't previously been able to get but have now found or never heard of... this was just the tip of the iceberg in that shop.

TastyReuben what do you use maple flakes for?

Make stunning blue rice with the butterfly pea flowers.

Here come some grocery pics:
IMG_4523.jpeg

First of local (greenhouse) tomatoes:
IMG_4524.jpeg

This is only the second time I’ve bought proper anchovies (not counting paste):
IMG_4525.jpeg

Never saw those sandwich cookies before, and we were talking about iced tea, and look at that…cold-brewed tea bags from Twinings:
IMG_4526.jpeg

That milk, unfortunately, has a pinhole in it and is leaking, so I’ll run that back into town in the next day or two and swap it for another one.

But wait, there’s more:

Three types of apples, none of which are available at Kroger: (Magic, Lemonade, Twist):
IMG_4527.jpeg

IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg

I’ll add that I pulled a typical Tasty move - I had a pocket full of paper coupons, something I’ve fallen out of the habit of using, but they expired today, so I used them to buy several of the items above…and then forgot to give them to the checkout person. I got to chatting with her (she started it) and it completely slipped my mind. 😭

What, you didn't want to tag along for the ballet? :D

I'm the ultimate poor boy who has " stuff" now but ballet and the arts are not my thing. Wife just told me this morning , funny thing happened at the ballet last night. Near the end someone had a low beeping noise coming from them. Everyone was leaving and the noise was from a woman wearing an ankle bracelet. She was arrested when leaving the theater.
Dont get me wrong, my kids have been bought up with the arts etc. They appreciate stuff like that.
We have 2 watercolors worth a lot of money, bought on my wifes advice 30 years ago.

Russ

I found a shop today that I've not been to before and oh boy, was it great.

That was all from the one shop.
Stuff I was out of, stuff I'm nearly put off, stuff I'd like to try and stuff I hadn't previously been able to get but have now found or never heard of... this was just the tip of the iceberg in that shop.

TastyReuben what do you use maple flakes for?

I'm curious what those Ancho Chilis set ya' back. That's some fancy looking packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom