What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally felt up to the little walk to the Amazon lockers and stopped at the hidden supermarket, well part supermarket part jumble sale meaning the small supermarket is even smaller as it’s only half filled with groceries!

Very pleased to see baking powder as I fancy making some GF naans.
Also very pleased to see rice paper wrappers. Once I’ve sprouted these beauties some fresh n crunchy wraps are going on the menu 😋

Have tried out the sandwich knife, pics to follow (I’ll put them in the gadget thread) after some Mung bean rinsing 👍
IMG_0261.jpeg

Last edited:
Just love those mung beans, sprouted or not. They're great for dal.
I’ve never tried them in a dal, only ever sprouted. Recipe, pretty please? 🙏

Also whilst I’m in Karadekoolaid brain picking mode I saw a recipe for Coriander Chutney as an accompaniment for tandoori beef neither of which I’ve tried but it’s the Coriander chutney that intrigues me. Any views on that type of chutney?

Last edited:
Today from my Western supplier I bought 2 tenderloin steaks, 2 pepperoni pizzas, 500gm pork and tomato sausage (5 No) and 4 unsweetened burger buns. The pizzas went straight in the freezer together with the buns. The sausages and steaks were cooked sous vide before re-vacuum packing for the freezer.

Tomorrow is Visakha Bucha Day which is an important day for Buddhists, marking the birth, enlightenment and death of the Lord Buddha. It's also a day when the sale (although not consumption) of alcohol is banned in Thailand so I stocked up on lager.

Archa boxes.jpg

Today from my Western supplier I bought 2 tenderloin steaks, 2 pepperoni pizzas, 500gm pork and tomato sausage (5 No) and 4 unsweetened burger buns. The pizzas went straight in the freezer together with the buns. The sausages and steaks were cooked sous vide before re-vacuum packing for the freezer.

Tomorrow is Visakha Bucha Day which is an important day for Buddhists, marking the birth, enlightenment and death of the Lord Buddha. It's also a day when the sale (although not consumption) of alcohol is banned in Thailand so I stocked up on lager.

WOW!!!! You must have a walk-in freezer to be able to store all that stuff!!!! Something like THIS!!!! Hah!!!! :eek:
Walk-in Freezer!!!!.jpg

I bought a whole chicken. I've never made one before and I've got a hankering to do it.

I cook whole chickens on my charcoal grill with a rotisserie, but I've roasted them in the oven, too. It's pretty easy. Just watch your internal temperature so you don't overcook it.

I would seriously look into wet brining your bird. That is easy, too, and keeps the meat really moist, as long as you don't overcook it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom