What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a whole chicken. I've never made one before and I've got a hankering to do it.
I like to do them in the slow cooker with lemon pepper, garlic, and a touch of Cajun seasoning. They turn out perfectly tender and moist everytime, and for some strange reason, the top skin gets browned and crispy. I still can't figure it out, LOL. Although I think with a chef's torch I could have crisped up the outer skin completely. I didn't have one then but I do now.

Here's a couple I made a few years back:

1686071363428.png

1686071230335.png

That does it, you have me in the mood to cook one (haven't done that in a few years)!

Midweek shopping, ALDI & Kroger in town:

IMG_4629.jpeg

Surprised to find that those peaches are excellent. That might happen once a season at Kroger.

IMG_4630.jpeg

Cukes are puny right now, so I had to buy two.

IMG_4631.jpeg

I’m probably more excited than I should be over those lemon Cheerios (never had those before), and of all the kiddie cereals, Fruity Pebbles is my favorite, so I buy a box a year, eat the whole thing in one sitting, then I’m good for another year. Berry Pebbles are close enough.

IMG_4632.jpeg

Popcorn is for MrsT - even commercially-made popcorn is a fairly low-point snack for her, and it keeps me from having to make it every other day.

IMG_4633.jpeg

Coupon for the cheese, so I got that.

View attachment 100936
Surprised to find that those peaches are excellent. That might happen once a season at Kroger.

View attachment 100937

View attachment 100938
I’m probably more excited than I should be over those lemon Cheerios (never had those before), and of all the kiddie cereals, Fruity Pebbles is my favorite, so I buy a box a year, eat the whole thing in one sitting, then I’m good for another year. Berry Pebbles are close enough.

View attachment 100939
Popcorn is for MrsT - even commercially-made popcorn is a fairly low-point snack for her, and it keeps me from having to make it every other day.

View attachment 100940
I like the idea of lemon cheerios!

Didn't Pebbles play in a band with Bam Bam when they were teenagers?

Edited to add that when my stepkids were young, they preferred the Aldi Millville cereal over General Mills and Kelloggs, so if you ever see the Millville copycat of something you like, you should give it a go! Also we like Happy Farms sliced cheeses quite well. We have a cheese and cracker plate almost every evening.

LOL.

Yeah, I have never tried their meats, but I like their produce, cheese, etc. quite well.
Their “Never Any” chicken gets very high marks from reviewers, and I like that they sell half-sizes pork shoulders.

Their “Never Any” chicken gets very high marks from reviewers, and I like that they sell half-sizes pork shoulders.
Wait--actually I did buy a whole chicken there once (for the crockpot) and it was fine, but not any of the breasts or other cuts. I usually get the Amish Gerber chicken from Acme (local grocer chain in NE Ohio). I haven't ever bought the pork or beef.

View attachment 100936

View attachment 100937

View attachment 100938

View attachment 100939

View attachment 100940

Individually plastic shrink-wrapped cucumbers? Why? :scratchhead:

CD

Wait--actually I did buy a whole chicken there once (for the crockpot) and it was fine, but not any of the breasts or other cuts. I usually get the Amish Gerber chicken from Acme (local grocer chain in NE Ohio). I haven't ever bought the pork or beef.

Number one store choice of American coyotes.

CD

Number one store choice of American coyotes.

CD
Only one coyote and he's not buying food. I'm not sure if this Acme sells dynamite, though.

Edited to add that they do sell this, although I'm still not sure if it qualifies as food:

00031000809430.medium.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom