What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my order from Fortnum's. I forgot I had written a message to myself when I placed this order, isn't it great when someone pays you a compliment? :D
Image from iOS (20).jpg

Finally got my order from Fortnum's. I forgot I had written a message to myself when I placed this order, isn't it great when someone pays you a compliment? :D
View attachment 49004
Well, your photos don't lie... :)

My card would have said, "Quick, eat these before anyone finds out!"

Ever since MrsT mentioned treating ourselves to a Christmas hamper, I've been pestering her nonstop to get it done. I've mentioned that it would look nice under the tree, which usually goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and that shipping from the UK will take awhile, and especially so with Covid restrictions in place.

She hasn't ordered it yet... :(

Thank you TastyReuben !

Why don't you order the hamper?
That's her department, because:

1. She'll want control over how to pay for it. To her, whatever the price is is crazy expensive for a basket full of shortbread cookies and tea, so even though the amount of money itself isn't that much purely on its own, it feels extravagant, so she has to go through her whole, "how should we pay for this?" routine.

It's mainly psychological. We just spent twice what a hamper costs on our yearly HVAC maintenance plan, and she didn't bat an eye at that, because she sees that as something more practical.

2. She'll end up ordering something for herself. If I ordered it, she'd say, "What?!?! But I wanted to get the Harrod's Happy Holiday Bear!"

Ever since MrsT mentioned treating ourselves to a Christmas hamper, I've been pestering her nonstop to get it done. I've mentioned that it would look nice under the tree, which usually goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and that shipping from the UK will take awhile, and especially so with Covid restrictions in place.

My card would read, "Did you forget you divorced her?" :laugh:

I called my wife "Dessert Hound," because of her sweet tooth. She loved chocolates... and diamonds and saphires... and fresh flowers every week. I had a crystal vase that I took to Patti Anne's Florist just about every week for Patty Anne to fill with something pretty. That didn't rally bother me... it was the diamonds and sapphires. :meh:

Oh, she liked the Dessert Hound nickname. She had to admit that it fit her.

CD

Have you ever bought from Harry and David?

Online Gift Baskets, Fruit and Food Gifts & Wine Clubs | Harry & David

CD

We just spent twice what a hamper costs on our yearly HVAC maintenance plan, and she didn't bat an eye at that, because she sees that as something more practical.

Really? Having heat this winter is more practical than a basket full of cookies and chocolates? :scratchhead:

CD

I just ordered some spices I can barely get around here.

Asafoetida
Curry leaves
Smoked chipotle
Trassi powder
Dried bird's eye chillies
Himalayan salt

Very happy with those 🙏

I wish it was practical to send you peppers, as chipotles are in every supermarket here. They are a pantry staple in Texas.

CD

I need curry leaves. I'm going to an Indian shop later, and a halal meat shop to see if I can the same bargain I got a few weeks ago.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom