What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been buying a lot of this lately. It makes the heat more bearable.

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 9.57.22 PM.jpg

CD

No pics, but a lot of the usual stuff, a lot of fruit & veg, but also some candy corn, since it’s pretty much Autumn now.

I also had to buy a bag of mixed miniature chocolates. MrsT got a shaker pint glass filled with little chocolates at her high school reunion, and she brought that home.

With her recent throwing in with that WeightWatchers bunch, and seeing as the candy hadn’t been touched since she’d gotten it several days before, I assumed she wasn’t going to eat those, so I helped myself and ate them all (yes, I had a pint glass of chocolates - you’d be proud of me, LissaC).

I assumed incorrectly, as MrsT went looking for her chocolates yesterday and found the washed glass over in the bar and candy wrappers in the trash. She, in the kindest words possible, let me know that she’d planned on eating those, one piece at a time, in order to mitigate any points hit she’d take by eating too many at once…so I had to buy her some replacement chocolates and promise to stay out of them.

This also happened:

I had just enough purchases that I didn’t feel up to self-scanning, so I went through a line for the first time in months.

I waited on the couple in front of me, who rang up two separate carts of purchases, and both the cashier and the bagger…they were so slow, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were hepped up on the goofballs.

Finally, they began working my order…and the terminal froze up. They had to call a manager over, who told the guys to load up my cart and move me to another lane.

The cashier started shooting my groceries down the conveyor, and the bagger, who was apparently completely oblivious to what was going on, bagged up my groceries and put them in the cart and walked off.

I had to wheel them down to the other lane, and by then, other shoppers had sussed out that lane was about to open, so three or four people shot over there, but the manager wandered over and made everyone let me though, which didn’t make them all that happy, and then watched while I unbagged my groceries, so they could be scanned and bagged again. :laugh:

No pics, but a lot of the usual stuff, a lot of fruit & veg, but also some candy corn, since it’s pretty much Autumn now.

I also had to buy a bag of mixed miniature chocolates. MrsT got a shaker pint glass filled with little chocolates at her high school reunion, and she brought that home.

With her recent throwing in with that WeightWatchers bunch, and seeing as the candy hadn’t been touched since she’d gotten it several days before, I assumed she wasn’t going to eat those, so I helped myself and ate them all (yes, I had a pint glass of chocolates - you’d be proud of me, LissaC).

I assumed incorrectly, as MrsT went looking for her chocolates yesterday and found the washed glass over in the bar and candy wrappers in the trash. She, in the kindest words possible, let me know that she’d planned on eating those, one piece at a time, in order to mitigate any points hit she’d take by eating too many at once…so I had to buy her some replacement chocolates and promise to stay out of them.

Was that pumpkin spice candy corn?

CD

Was that pumpkin spice candy corn?

CD
Nah…I’m a traditionalist that way, though I did spring for the deluxe “Autumn Mix,” which contains the aforementioned candy corn (and why aren’t they called candy corns?) as well as the candy pumpkins.

Here’s what we bought today:

Headed for the freezer and divvied up into sensible portions:

You can get an idea of the size based on the tape measure.

Two kinds of chicken, bologna, beef jerky, an entire cracker sausage (salami with cheese) and green onion cheese:

Those apples are a variety I’ve never had, Ginger Gold. We have plenty of corn, but MrsT likes white corn, so six ears of that. A lot of corn going to the freezer this year. Garlic as well:

And the rest:

I love my chips/crisps/whatever. The cookies will go to the freezer, and the sloppy joe mix I’ve never tried. I usually make my own, but when I see a sloppy joe mix I’ve never had, I have to try it.

Please note the Gold’n Krisp potato chips are “Internationally Known,” so I would like all my friends from around the world to regale me with their tales of adventure and intrigue involving Massillon, Ohio’s own Gold’n Krisp chips. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom