What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get what you mean completely. My stepkids were 5, 7, 9, and 11 when I got them. The 11 year old was set in his ways, no changing him. To this day he likes chewy steak and Iceberg lettuce, and is unwilling to try leafy greens, mushrooms, and most vegetables. He likes corn and potatoes, and still eats pizza rolls and frozen pizza. The others were more adaptable.

Oh I get what you mean completely. My stepkids were 5, 7, 9, and 11 when I got them. The 11 year old was set in his ways, no changing him. To this day he likes chewy steak and Iceberg lettuce, and is unwilling to try leafy greens, mushrooms, and most vegetables. He likes corn and potatoes, and still eats pizza rolls and frozen pizza. The others were more adaptable.

Well I am glad for you at least some of them were more accepting of new food. I just am concerned about their health, they are skinny as a rail even though they eat much but I am worried thats because of nutrient deficiencies. However their doctors say it's fine and we shouldn't worry so I am just accepting it as it is.
It's however a sad thing, I would love to give them the experience of what a joyful family meal can be when it's made with love but they don't even want to bake cookies with me because it's not how they are used to them.

Well I am glad for you at least some of them were more accepting of new food. I just am concerned about their health, they are skinny as a rail even though they eat much but I am worried thats because of nutrient deficiencies. However their doctors say it's fine and we shouldn't worry so I am just accepting it as it is.
It's however a sad thing, I would love to give them the experience of what a joyful family meal can be when it's made with love but they don't even want to bake cookies with me because it's not how they are used to them.
You can try getting multivitamin gummies. There are some that taste like candy and they do have some sugar, but at least they will be getting some vitamins and minerals that way. And a lot of times they are going through growing spurts as teenagers and they will fill out more later. Plus, even with autism, it's possible that their tastes will change as they get older. I hope so!

We have a whole load of stock at home. If I only mention one thing is bought for them, it means we still have plenty in the freezer and cupboard.

They only eat frozen fries, mashed potato with cheese & spinach, hotdogs, pancakes, chicken nuggets and pizza. Aside from that during the day they eat bread with chocolate paste, peanut butter, spreadable cheese or sausage. Don't blame me, I am their stepmom and only got into their lives when they were 16 and 18. They never learned to eat properly, and now due to their autism it's near impossible to get them to eat anything else.
You know, the mashed potatoes with cheese and spinach is good, full of potassium, calcium, and more. Pancakes are made with enriched flour, as is the pizza crust, and peanut butter is packed full of protein. It's not too bad. I can't say much for the hot dogs (sorry to you hot dog lovers out there, but hot dogs are icky).

You can try getting multivitamin gummies. There are some that taste like candy and they do have some sugar, but at least they will be getting some vitamins and minerals that way. And a lot of times they are going through growing spurts as teenagers and they will fill out more later. Plus, even with autism, it's possible that their tastes will change as they get older. I hope so!

Well they are 18 and 20 now, and nothing has changed. I wonder how much older they must get :wink:

They already get those gummies indeed, they do work.

Muenster cheese
Turkey deli meat
Bread
Plums
Cherries
Cherry tomatoes
Red onion
Lettuce
Ginger
Green onions
Corn on the cob
Cauliflower
Ketchup
Rice
Soup mix
Garbanzo beans
White vinegar
Cereal
Maple syrup
Dog food
Frozen veg
Half & half
Milk
Yogurt
Butter
Water
Eggs
Beer

Typing this up, I realize that I scanned and bagged my cherries while shopping (I use Kroger's scan-bag-go app), then temporarily set them out while I rearranged a bag and left them in the store. :(

I've decided to buy something "new" every few weeks to try. At the Asian grocer I picked up some bonito flakes, then when I was in the greengrocer I found Jerusalem artichokes.

I'm going to attempt katsuoboshi butter with the flakes. I've never used these artichokes before so will do some googling tonight

I've got some fennel that's on its last legs so I grabbed a head of cauli & will make up a batch of piccalilli. Looking forward to a day in the kitchen tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Pork Tenderloin
Sweet Corn (on the cob)

The two main items for dinner for the family tonight. I am cooking the pork sous vide, to be followed by a sear, of course. I'll steam the corn.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom