What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just finished watching a programme about the Ghan, Australia's greatest train journey, it takes 54 hours to travel from Adelaide to Darwin, the programme was on BBC4 and was 3 uninterrupted hours of slow tv.

I recently watched it as well. I'm still entertaining on doing it, or one in Europe.?

Russ

We have just finished watching a programme about the Ghan, Australia's greatest train journey, it takes 54 hours to travel from Adelaide to Darwin, the programme was on BBC4 and was 3 uninterrupted hours of slow tv.
I love slow TV! Netflix has (or had) a few of them (two in the UK) and we've watched them all.

Tonight, we're starting a new show on PBS, Van Der Valk. Murder mystery set in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
I recently watched it as well. I'm still entertaining on doing it, or one in Europe.?

Russ
I want to take that long train ride from Moscow to Vladivostok as a retirement present to ourselves, but my wife has already said no. :laugh:

I want to take that long train ride from Moscow to Vladivostok as a retirement present to ourselves, but my wife has already said no. :laugh:
Just before the curtain came down, my cousin and I traveled from Moscow To Tbilisi by train for an adventure. It took from memory 7/8 days. Mike spoke Russian and Georgian dialect. It was an adventure. NB they had excellent Russian Champagne bars in Moscow and the trains coaches had 3 classes. We bought enough food in the GUM for 4 days, as we got 2/3 of the way to 'bilisi food and fruit was easy to buy.

Last edited:
My wife wants to do a train trip to ?? We don't know where. Maybe a week through a few countries?

Your wife said no? Lol.

Russ

Back in the 90s I was required to travel from Sydney to Perth. My boss in UK suggested the train. Our rep in Sydney explained that after the first couple of hours on the train, all you have is desert for the next 3,500km.

I flew.

Back in the 90s I was required to travel from Sydney to Perth. My boss in UK suggested the train. Our rep in Sydney explained that after the first couple of hours on the train, all you have is desert for the next 3,500km.

I flew.

That was the downside to last night's, there was a lot of staring at scrubland

We've taken the train from Bicester to Harwich in the UK, and from Prague to Munich. That one was disappointing, because naive me, I thought it was going to at least be an old Soviet-era train, or better yet, a Victorian-era train, full of wood paneling and leather, but it was just a bland, crappy, all plastic modern one.

We've done shorter ones, like Munich to Füssen, Peterborough to London, etc.

I flew.

I know, I'm very familiar with ozzy. I've done road trip cairns to Brisbane three times. I love it. Yeppoon and Hervey Bay are my faves.

Russ

At 8pm we will be watching Britain's Biggest Dig, exploring and excavating a disused burial ground near London Euston Station.

It'll be British Murder Mystery Night here, probably a Miss Marple.

Last night, we watched a very run-of-the-mill haunted house movie, Altar (aka The Haunting Of Radcliffe House). Best thing about it was the scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom