What would you choose?

IMG_3428.JPG

Here's what we choose ...
IMG_2055.JPG

Combination Plate with day old (sour) Poi Side Mac Salad, 1/4 pound of Opihi, Side order Squid Luau and a big bag of Boiled Peanuts to take home for later. This is a photo from the last time we were home, and I see that they no longer offer the Combo Rice Bowls, DH likes half Kalua Pig and half Ahi Shoyu Poke, but to be honest, I'd rather have Poke from Foodland.

There are so many things on that menu I don't know!
However... when I was in London 6 years ago, I ate butterfish. Wow - really good!
So I'm going for the Butterfish Laulau, I'd want to try the sea asparagus salad, the six items after that (because I've never tried them!), the chilli pepper water...hey, and a haupia. Why not!

Remember Bennigan's? IIRC, French Dip sandwiches were a popular item on their menus. I do remember Arby's having a French Dip sandwich, but I don't recall every eating one.

CD
I LOVED the French dip, onion soup, buffalo wings, and the apple (baked or crumble?) Ala mode.

... I think I'd need a glass of that Weideman Royal Amber to wash it down with ... OH! can I get that T on the side? I always give that to DH. AND OH OH! Can I have that on a Brioche Bun rather than the Rye, I don't really care for Rye Bread.
The Weidemann is exactly what I had. That’s a storied Cincy brewery that died off and has since made a return, and they make excellent beers now.

It’s funny you mention the rye bread, because when I ordered my burger, she said, “…and you’re ok with the rye bread?”

I laughed and said, “Yeah, that’s why I’m ordering it,” but obviously some numpty had ordered it before and then complained about the bread, so now she has to ask what to me is obvious - “Are you ok if this comes out the way it’s thoroughly and accurately described on the menu?” :laugh:

The Weidemann is exactly what I had. That’s a storied Cincy brewery that died off and has since made a return, and they make excellent beers now.

It’s funny you mention the rye bread, because when I ordered my burger, she said, “…and you’re ok with the rye bread?”

I laughed and said, “Yeah, that’s why I’m ordering it,” but obviously some numpty had ordered it before and then complained about the bread, so now she has to ask what to me is obvious - “Are you ok if this comes out the way it’s thoroughly and accurately described on the menu?” :laugh:

I remember Weidemann beer from the short time I lived in Cincinnati. I was too young to drink beer then.

CD

I remember Weidemann beer from the short time I lived in Cincinnati. I was too young to drink beer then.

CD
Weidemann back then was like a lot of ‘60’s/’70’s American beers…closer to water than beer, really.

Now, though, like a lot of classic American brewers, they’ve been brought back to life by a dedicated local group, and they make fantastic beers:

Wiedemann's Brewery & Taproom - Cincinnati, OH

The monthly sausage buffet (weisswurstessen) that lost its home a few months ago has found itself at Weidemann’s now and we’re just waiting until after Christmas to check them out.

There are so many things on that menu I don't know!
However... when I was in London 6 years ago, I ate butterfish. Wow - really good!
So I'm going for the Butterfish Laulau, I'd want to try the sea asparagus salad, the six items after that (because I've never tried them!), the chilli pepper water...hey, and a haupia. Why not!
I don't think the Inamona would be a good idea, that's Kukui or Candle Nut and will, well, let's just say cause some issues 💩 a very little goes a long way!
As to the other 5 items, did you look them up?
They're delicious!!

Beef stew and boiled peanuts.
Nowww ... "our" beef stew and boiled peanuts are way different than the stuff you guys are probably use to.
I know I've posted my own version of the Hawaii-Style Beef Stew but the Peanuts, oh man!!!
Let me find that ... got it! ... Hawaiian Boiled Peanuts
Im going to make this the next time I can find the raw, whole Peanuts again!

Back
Top Bottom