What would you choose?

Weidemann back then was like a lot of ‘60’s/’70’s American beers…closer to water than beer, really.

Now, though, like a lot of classic American brewers, they’ve been brought back to life by a dedicated local group, and they make fantastic beers:

Wiedemann's Brewery & Taproom - Cincinnati, OH

The monthly sausage buffet (weisswurstessen) that lost its home a few months ago has found itself at Weidemann’s now and we’re just waiting until after Christmas to check them out.

Yes, I do recall that it was considered "cheap beer" back then.

CD

Soooo, a sausage fest? :eek:

CD
I have a story about that. Let’s just say, we took my 14yo nephew to it, then when I saw him with his friends a couple of weeks later, I told them all about his day at “the sausage fest,” in excruciating detail, full of “innocent” double entendres. :laugh:

MrsT’s last night in Tampa:
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9571.jpeg

TastyReuben here's my order:
Draft Root Beer (had house-made in a German Restaurant in San Antonio, MAN!!)
Die Reuben Wurst, on a Pretzel Roll please and sub the Chips for the Cold German Potato Salad and then can I have also have a side of Spätzle? HEH! Don't forget my Pickle!
And what's the Soup today?
YUM!!

Old school bar with a kitchen:
IMG_7007.jpeg
IMG_7008.jpeg
IMG_7009.jpeg
IMG_7010.jpeg
IMG_7011.jpeg

Fun fact…Silverton’s favorite son is…legendary NFL quarterback Roger Staubach.

I didn't know Roger Staubach was from Cincinnati. He still lives in Dallas, where he played pro football.

As for the menu, it didn't WOW me. I like a good club sandwich, so I'd probably order the Manhattan Club.

CD
Yeah, this place is a dive, but an interesting one. I’ve been here a few times. It used to be on my way home if I didn’t take the interstate.

Guy who waited on us today:

“What’s your beer choice? And I’m warning you now, I can’t really pull pints, so if you’re expecting it to be perfect…you’re gonna be disappointed.”

:laugh:

so I'd probably order the Manhattan Club.
I’ll post it over in the eating topic, but we ordered pretzel bites, a Reuben for MrsT (subbing in gravy fries for chips/crisps), and the taco salad with chili for me (which is basically a plate of nachos).

I’ll post it over in the eating topic, but we ordered pretzel bites, a Reuben for MrsT (subbing in gravy fries for chips/crisps), and the taco salad with chili for me (which is basically a plate of nachos).

What decade was the decade of taco salads being really popular? Was that an 80s thing? I still see them from time to time, but not often.

CD

What decade was the decade of taco salads being really popular? Was that an 80s thing? I still see them from time to time, but not often.

CD
They’re everywhere here. If a place has a “variety menu,” like a bar, there’ll be a taco salad in there somewhere.

Also, my uncle is an exceptional guitarist, has played with some of the best, and he lives in Florida and comes up to Ohio a couple of times a year, mainly to visit his sister, and he never tells anyone he’s coming up.

Once, I stopped in here to get a beer on the way home (I’d had to work late), and I walked in, a band was playing, looked over, and there’s my uncle, sitting in with some old running buddies of his from the ‘70’s! :laugh:

I like a good dive bar with food. I've found that some don't have a kitchen ...
My order sir:
I'd love a pint of a local draft, dark beer, don't really care if you mess it up, Beer is Beer
#32, Tomato on the side please on Sourdough please
What's the soup today is ... ?
and what are Gravy Fries?
a slice of Chocolate Cake to go I think

Back
Top Bottom