Which sauce with fries?

I usually just like them plain with some sea salt, Celtic, or pink Himalayan. Every once in awhile I will use ketchup, and if I am eating a burger, or other type of hot sandwich, anything that oozes out of the sandwich is good on the fries. Oh and if accompanied by fried fish, tartar sauce is fine. So yeah, pretty much anything goes.

Lately I have been eating handcut potatoes cooked in my air fryer with a spritz of olive or canola applied before cooking. Quite good, not missing the deep fry at all.

But it also bears mentioning that I like my fries very, very crisp if I am going to dip them. If eat them softer, like hand-cut fries, I do like malt vinegar and salt on them. There was a pub in Florida where I lived when young run by a couple from the UK and they served fish and chips with the potatoes fried to a softer consistency than what I typically was used to eating. Malt vinegar is the way to go with that for sure.

Last night I had a chip butty, much the same as the Brits. Two slices of bread heavily buttered. Layer of chips from the local fish n chip shop. Tomato sauce on top the closed with the second slice of bread. Cut in half, then shove it down your cake hole. Lmao.

Russ

Last night I had a chip butty, much the same as the Brits. Two slices of bread heavily buttered. Layer of chips from the local fish n chip shop. Tomato sauce on top the closed with the second slice of bread. Cut in half, then shove it down your cake hole. Lmao.

Russ

You have cake holes? Over here we have pie holes. Hmmmm.

CD

Lately I have been eating handcut potatoes cooked in my air fryer with a spritz of olive or canola applied before cooking. Quite good, not missing the deep fry at all.

I've been doing this too (in the halogen cooker which is a type of air fryer). It works very well even with no oil, I find.

The only way I like fires/chips is right out of the fryer. If they have been under a heat lamp I won't eat them. Even right out of the fryer I won't eat an entire order because they cool off. Condiments - always salt and lots of it, ketchup or vinegar and salt. I am not a big fan of ketchup. I keep a small bottle for fries, onion rings and sometimes with fried fish.

Good old-fashioned brown sauce only. I haven't had mayo with chips since November 2005 when I suddenly developed an allergy to mayo. If anyone wants tomato ketchup with their chips, they bring their own! And I'm not joking; I can't stand the stuff in spite of being a tomato-aholic.
Have you tried the tiptree/wilkin & sons ketchup? Its nicer than heinz (I think). And it local to you! Also, have you tried vegan mayo?

When my wife came home with an air fryer my thought was, something else to wipe dust off of. Used it several times. Won’t make fries any other way. Made some chicken tenders to. Got a lot to try in it.

Back
Top Bottom