Who Likes Apple Butter?!!

Let's hope so! I have seen some compostable packaging on products but that's mostly sold in healthy food stores like Earth Fare, Whole Foods, etc. so it's definitely not cheap.

We could cut WAY back on the use of plastics if people just put a water filter in their kitchens instead of buying bottled water by the case.

CD

We could cut WAY back on the use of plastics if people just put a water filter in their kitchens instead of buying bottled water by the case.

CD
At home we have a deep well with sweet water. We have a filter in our frig but don't really need it, the water is perfectly drinkable straight out of the tap. I realize how lucky we are with that, many people have piped in "city" water or if they have wells the water tastes like rotten eggs.

You are right about the plastic bottles. I read several years ago the amount of plastic bottles in the landfills, if placed in single file, could go around the entire planet's circumference. I wonder about now? Shudder to think.

CD
I finally got MrsT to (sort of) agree to that.

Per doc’s instructions, she drinks five 16.9oz bottles of water a day. I bought a Brita and an insulated bottle, with the idea that she could just drink that, but she wasn’t having it.

Finally, I showed her how much we were spending on bottled water, and the fact that she was still using the Brita for her tea, that it just made no sense to get a new bottle of water every time.

Now she’s good about using one bottle for two days, and just refilling it from the Brita. She still won’t use the insulated bottle I bought her.

Per doc’s instructions, she drinks five 16.9oz bottles of water a day. I bought a Brita and an insulated bottle, with the idea that she could just drink that, but she wasn’t having it.

Finally, I showed her how much we were spending on bottled water, and the fact that she was still using the Brita for her tea, that it just made no sense to get a new bottle of water every time.

Now she’s good about using one bottle for two days, and just refilling it from the Brita. She still won’t use the insulated bottle I bought her.
Get her a Yeti and tell her it's the "in" thing these days? It seriously is. Yeti everything.

Get her a Yeti and tell her it's the "in" thing these days? It seriously is. Yeti everything.
She’s had one. She goes through periods of wanting a permanent travel mug type thing, uses it for a week, then abandons it. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say I’ve donated at least 20 of them since we moved here in 2004.

Every trip she goes on, she buys a new one before she leaves, and then she comes back with a new one…and then she won’t use either one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Based on your previous mentions of her "frugal" nature, I would think the cost of bottled water argument would be the way to go.

CD

Back
Top Bottom