Who would you invite to a dinner party?

BTT...there are several musicians I wouldn't mind inviting, if they were truly humble, not just publicly humble.
That would also have to include listening to bands or acts other than themselves that we both like (or just their faves) and commenting on their virtues, both on released versions and on unreleased so called 'Fan' versions (ahem), including isolated tracks and stems.

Seconded - I feel the same about most actors too.

I don't have a problem with that either, yet even in this day and age it gets an easy laugh.
Going the distance and doing clean comedy is akin to writing an ending to a song, as opposed to going the 'fading-out'-route, although in some songs, that's quite effective as well.

The only questionable word Regan uses is the occasional 'H' word.

He has some very funny bits, but as with most comedians, some of their best stuff has been taken off YouTube, or, it is audio only, at best.
The link I'm supplying is an entire show which has several good bits.

He does a bit on food consumption.
He either perfected the delivery of that bit on the show The Best Of Comedy Central Presents , or he gave a better/fresher performance of it (not sure which came first), and and some other repeated bits in this link here.
I prefer TBOCCP deliveries, although YMMV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f713tLbdlu4

I've never seen Dora The Explorer, but I do like the punchline of the first of the two bits, which maybe only people here in the States will get:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSL3z_uSRbM

BTT...there are several musicians I wouldn't mind inviting, if they were truly humble, not just publicly humble.
That would also have to include listening to bands or acts other than themselves that we both like (or just their faves) and commenting on their virtues, both on released versions and on unreleased so called 'Fan' versions (ahem), including isolated tracks and stems.

Sorry, the H word?

Probably all the dogs I've ever owned, just to give them all a pet and a hug one more time.
I once had a dog named Wally. He was a black Lab and was beautiful, he was goofy, patient, kind, and oh so sweet.

I was in my early 20s and just setting out on my own. I got Wally when was 9 weeks old. When he got to be about 2, he would pull me on my skateboard down the road...that was sometimes a great idea unless there was something he wanted to stop and sniff, and then I had road rash.

But, he was equally great at diving. I lived in a small Florida town on the Gulf Coast near the intracoastal waterway, which was a mix of brackish and salty water. I could throw one of a pair of tennis shoes in and tell Wally to wait. He would. When I said, "Get it," he did the lab thing, and he would dive down and grab my shoe for me. He was also an excellent Frisbee partner.

Oh, and one time, I was having a 20s something Thanksgiving party and Wally took down the turkey in the kitchen when no one was paying attention. I think we just continued to drink and ate side dishes.

He was slobbery, big (85 lbs), and sweet...I sure miss that dog.

Maybe my late mum and my nana. I've been thinking of my nana a lot lately. She was funny as hell. My nana had 4 sisters, all very very funny people. Their dad (my great granddad) was also funny, and good on the accordion. I'm lucky, I remember him. He was also a plumber, and built the first private swimming pool in Christchurch. Olympic sized.

Russ

Wow, my mum's father was an excellent accordion player! He was a bricklayer and was great at his craft. He built many a building in SE Texas. My grandmother played classical piano. She was a grammar schoolteacher and was a bit stiff, but grandpa was quite jovial. They could put out some great tunes together, though.

Would you settle for two classically trained cello players playing AC/DC live at Arena di Verona? Beethoven meets metal in a first century amphitheater?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNVNsuh5B8g

CD
I had bought 4 tickets to the Red Hot Chili Pipers (not Peppers) back in January. They are from Scotland and perform "bagrock" music using bagpipes, guitars, and drums as well (wearing kilts). They do a variety of rock music, including AC/DC songs.

About

The show was supposed to be in late March, but our governor shut down all concert venues (thank goodness) so they canceled the show and reimbursed me for the tickets. I was pretty disappointed to not be able to see them.

So without seeing them, not sure I would want to eat dinner with them, thought I am sure they would be an interesting group.

I had bought 4 tickets to the Red Hot Chili Pipers (not Peppers) back in January. They are from Scotland and perform "bagrock" music using bagpipes, guitars, and drums as well (wearing kilts). They do a variety of rock music, including AC/DC songs.

About

The show was supposed to be in late March, but our governor shut down all concert venues (thank goodness) so they canceled the show and reimbursed me for the tickets. I was pretty disappointed to not be able to see them.

So without seeing them, not sure I would want to eat dinner with them, thought I am sure they would be an interesting group.

I went to a chillies concert here about 15??? Years ago. I like them.

Russ

I love bagpipe music so I thought it would be fun, especially with the kilted rock twist on things.

I would love to have dinner with some of my ancestors whom I never had met, including my great, great, great grandfather from Norway (on my mother's side) who was a watchmaker and immigrated to the US in the 1700s. It would be great to discover some family history from the old country that will now always remain a mystery.

Also my dad's father was 1/2 Native American. My dad's mother was Irish. I don't know a lot about either of them, other than that they met and married in Many, Louisiana and moved to Port Arthur Texas around 1920. My grandpa died when my dad was very young and she remarried. My dad's mom died when I was pretty young, and now both my parents and their siblings are passed and no one else seems to know anything. I tried to research, but I have such a common last name and the times they lived in produced few documents, so...lots of dead-ends.

Anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom