Recipe Wild Mushrooms in a mustard and cream sauce inside a puff pastry pillow.

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
6:10 PM
Slice mushrooms and fry in butter, add flour and cook through gently. Pour in enough single cream to make it gloopy. Add mustard and season to taste. Bake the puff pillows. Split and stuff. These pics were taken in the house in Dade Florida. I bought the mush from Wholefoods.
1602999107850.png

I added the challenge tag for you. If you forget to add it when posting just click on the 'luggage label' under the title field at the top of the post. Start typing 'cookingbites' and you will see the tag on a drop down menu.

Mushrooms works so well with puff pastry. Maybe its because of the contrast in texture...

I added the challenge tag for you. If you forget to add it when posting just click on the 'luggage label' under the title field at the top of the post. Start typing 'cookingbites' and you will see the tag on a drop down menu.

Mushrooms works so well with puff pastry. Maybe its because of the contrast in texture...
Good Morning Morning. I did forget. Thank you.

Thank you, for non patisserie or as I call it "ordinary cooking" I use the sense of smell, taste, look etc very rarely measurements.

I do too - but I try to bear in mind that not everyone has experience of the type of dish I'm cooking. For example, if I wanted to tell Yorky about a curry I made I know I could list the ingredients and he would no doubt be experienced enough in making curry to decide how much of each ingredient to put in.

In this particular recipe you are making a cream sauce thickened with flour. I wouldn't have a problem with this as I've made similar many times and don't need measurements. But we need to bear in mind that not everyone is going to be familiar with every technique, that some here are more experienced than others and that some people find it difficult to cook without a more precise recipe.

I do realise how difficult it is to write up a recipe when you know how to do something so don't measure! I'm now in the habit of jotting down measurements as I cook so that I can then write it up later as a recipe that anyone can follow.

I do too - but I try to bear in mind that not everyone has experience of the type of dish I'm cooking. For example, if I wanted to tell Yorky about a curry I made I know I could list the ingredients and he would no doubt be experienced enough in making curry to decide how much of each ingredient to put in.

I'm not sure that I deserve that amount of faith.

I do realise how difficult it is to write up a recipe when you know how to do something so don't measure! I'm now in the habit of jotting down measurements as I cook so that I can then write it up later as a recipe that anyone can follow.

I agree. If I am writing up a recipe for my site, this site or Food.com, I now weigh/measure the ingredients as I am preparing it. Whereas it used to be "one onion" or "two potatoes", I have recently started to convert the measurements to grams.

I agree. If I am writing up a recipe for my site, this site or Food.com, I now weigh/measure the ingredients as I am preparing it. Whereas it used to be "one onion" or "two potatoes", I have recently started to convert the measurements to grams.

For example (and it is only that) - no reflection upon Hungry Man who, like me, can viualise the recipe but we probably see things differently.
  • half a bunch parsley
  • 1 red onion
  • 3 green peppers
  • 1 red paprika pepper
  • 3 medium size tomatoes

Back
Top Bottom