Your other hobbies.

Some recent coloring for adults
274067600_4569145469878647_4549893325701699419_n.jpg

274140017_4568048499988344_7914987327656878597_n.jpg

So another pair of socks. I'm slowly getting the hang of colourwork socks. Their fit is harder because colourwork has less give in it which means getting it over the heel is harder but I'm getting there with practice!

I was knitting these whilst ill with covid and the brain fog meant I didn't see the abrupt colour change on the 2nd sock despite registeringthat they're was a break in the yarn that had been repaired. There's a round where it goes from orange to brown without the colour shift... it's not obvious initially but once you see it, you can't un-see it. It's a shame because I was thinking of submitting these to the CWA competition. My knitting group always pester me for an entry or two, but these aren't good enough sadly. The contrast yarn is all from 1 ball with a long colour change pattern.

20240218_133247.jpg

20240218_133310.jpg

So another pair of socks. I'm slowly getting the hang of colourwork socks. Their fit is harder because colourwork has less give in it which means getting it over the heel is harder but I'm getting there with practice!

I was knitting these whilst ill with covid and the brain fog meant I didn't see the abrupt colour change on the 2nd sock despite registeringthat they're was a break in the yarn that had been repaired. There's a round where it goes from orange to brown without the colour shift... it's not obvious initially but once you see it, you can't un-see it. It's a shame because I was thinking of submitting these to the CWA competition. My knitting group always pester me for an entry or two, but these aren't good enough sadly. The contrast yarn is all from 1 ball with a long colour change pattern.

View attachment 110159

View attachment 110160
Now they are something else! Love them. Four pairs please 😂
Bet they'd make the best motorcycling socks ever!

When I bought the yarn for the hanging plastic bag holder/dispenser, I bought a couple of extra balls since they were on sale and I had another project in mind.

Don't know about anybody else but I hate taking bowls used to heat up food out of the microwave because they are usually so hot. I had seen bowl cozies before so thought I'd make some. If you use 100% cotton yarn, you can put the cozy on the bowl before heating and then use the handles to lift the bowl out so no more burned hands! The cozies also insulate the bowls so hot foods stay hot longer, and I can personally attest to that, and cold foods, like ice cream, should also stay cold longer. I made 2 for each size bowls we have.

Now, I need to decide what to do with the leftover yarn, a hot mat or a dish scrubber.

20240218_100646.jpg
20240216_120654.jpg

When I bought the yarn for the hanging plastic bag holder/dispenser, I bought a couple of extra balls since they were on sale and I had another project in mind.

Don't know about anybody else but I hate taking bowls used to heat up food out of the microwave because they are usually so hot. I had seen bowl cozies before so thought I'd make some. If you use 100% cotton yarn, you can put the cozy on the bowl before heating and then use the handles to lift the bowl out so no more burned hands! The cozies also insulate the bowls so hot foods stay hot longer, and I can personally attest to that, and cold foods, like ice cream, should also stay cold longer. I made 2 for each size bowls we have.

Now, I need to decide what to do with the leftover yarn, a hot mat or a dish scrubber.

View attachment 110176View attachment 110177

OMG, I love it. Che brava. I am not capable at all in doing things like these, but I can appreciate them.

Dunno if this can be considered a hobby, but I’ve started some time ago to make my own chocolates as I have been ispirate from a friend in the UK. They taste good but I still have to improve texture and shape. My friends often say “ did they have any accident in the fridge?” 🤣

I like to "put things together" as décor around the house, both inside as well as outside.
For the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick's Day:
IMG_3684.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3690.JPG

I just adore those Shamrock string lights that I found at the dollar store. I wired it on to a plastic wreath that I had already.
I keep large plastic tubes filled with décor for different occasions and replace them as needed. I just donated a big shopping bag filled with Christmas stuff I've been using for many years... don't want the neighbors to get bored :smug:
I must say, it's been maybe three years since I've taken the time to do this, other than this past Christmas season. Which by the way, I just, I mean just yesterday, put up all of the Christmas stuff I'm keeping :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom