Your Photos

Visited the old home today, thought I'd share some pics:

Going up the gravel drive:

The front of the house, meaning the part that never gets used. You can see the smokehouse/root cellar to the right:

My dad trims trees like rascal :):

That's what's left of the sawmill. It was once the largest blade in the county:

A little of everything. You can see the sawmill falling in, a little of the barn, and some of the house through the trees.

My evening

Visited the old home today, thought I'd share some pics:

Going up the gravel drive:

The front of the house, meaning the part that never gets used. You can see the smokehouse/root cellar to the right:

My dad trims trees like rascal :):

That's what's left of the sawmill. It was once the largest blade in the county:

A little of everything. You can see the sawmill falling in, a little of the barn, and some of the house through the trees.
Where is this please? Looks beautiful.

Russ

Where is this please? Looks beautiful.

Russ
Southwestern part of Ohio, midway between Cincinnati and Dayton on a map.

My dad wants to move, says it's too much to keep mowed and all that. He's got a bit of dementia, so on Monday, he wants to move to an apartment, on Tuesday, he wants to stay in the house, on Wednesday, he wants to get a condo in town, on Thursday, he wants to move to Florida, etc.

Mom wants to stay put and die there. We built that house in 1971, as in, my dad bartered for a backhoe and dug the foundation, laid the block, got the lumber when he had any money and raised the walls, dried it in, did the wiring, plumbing, roofed it, the whole bit. Five bedrooms and two baths. Every nail in that house, one of us drove it.

They've been there that long, and Mom said today that she'd "miss that ol' lonesome wind singing with the trees," so I suppose they'll be staying.

Southwestern part of Ohio, midway between Cincinnati and Dayton on a map.

My dad wants to move, says it's too much to keep mowed and all that. He's got a bit of dementia, so on Monday, he wants to move to an apartment, on Tuesday, he wants to stay in the house, on Wednesday, he wants to get a condo in town, on Thursday, he wants to move to Florida, etc.

Mom wants to stay put and die there. We built that house in 1971, as in, my dad bartered for a backhoe and dug the foundation, laid the block, got the lumber when he had any money and raised the walls, dried it in, did the wiring, plumbing, roofed it, the whole bit. Five bedrooms and two baths. Every nail in that house, one of us drove it.

They've been there that long, and Mom said today that she'd "miss that ol' lonesome wind singing with the trees," so I suppose they'll be staying.

I lived in Mack, Ohio for two years as a young teen. I was there in 1973 and 1974. To be more precise, I lived there on April 3, 1974 -- just up the hill from Saylor Park. Any of that ring a bell?

CD

Back
Top Bottom