All in one cookers

There are quite a few campsites that allow fires, though most of them they have to be in a firepit off the ground (so probably still not suitable for a dutch oven) This site is one of the best for UK campsites and allows you to filter on all sorts of parameters, I use it a lot.

I think what I love most about camping is that there's no right or wrong way so it can be whatever you make of it :) Now we have the motorhome we do have a TV - its nice to be able to watch a film in an evening when its mid-December and its cold and pouring it down out there and the pub is too far away to walk to.
If it is an actual firepit, yes it would work for a dutch oven. That is if it is the kind you put logs in.
Here in Texas, most state park campsites have both grills (you would call it a griddle) and firepits. Now whether you can use them depends on the county and what the weather has been doing.
Grill here fire below, food on top.

Not quite the sort of camp fire I meant but you camp in december :eek: now I see why you need a TV
We once camped when the high was about -1C. The heater went out in the ladies bathroom. The woman running the front office didn't bother to turn in the work order. I know this because when I saw the head guy I asked if he was there to fix the heater. He asked why I hadn't called it in. I told him I had. Once on the phone and once in person. He got the heater fixed in a hurry. He also said he was going to have a talk with the office person. Oh and if the pipes had burst due to her not doing her job, she could have been held responsible.

And speaking of all-in-one cookers, check THIS one out! I stumbled across it on Youtube.com.

No, I'm not getting it. Don't want the cutter again!!

But it's a processor and cooker combined in one. KA makes it. It's not available here in the USA yet, but it's the wave of the future. Very futuristic appliances are being made by them now.:wink:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6XnFC49sbw

Last edited:

And speaking of all-in-one cookers, check THIS one out! I stumbled across it on Youtube.com.

No, I'm not getting it. Don't want the cutter again!!

But it's a processor and cooker combined in one. KA makes it. It's not available here in the USA yet, but it's the wave of the future. Very futuristic appliances are being made by them now.:wink:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6XnFC49sbw
No, we do not have the room and how many days of groceries can we buy with the money that would cost.

Stubbornness sometimes is the better decision!!

We don't want to clutter up the kitchen with all those new-fangled appliances. I'm quite happy with my Big Kettle! It can do all the things that those new cookers can do except stir, and I've no problem with it!

One thing that they did not mention; They DON'T deep fry! Otherwise, there would've been a basket with it! Hah!! :wink:

Last edited:
Stubbornness sometimes is the better decision!!

We don't want to clutter up the kitchen with all those new-fangled appliances. I'm quite happy with my Big Kettle! It can do all that those new cookers can do except stir, and I've no problem with it! :wink:
I think the two of us are helping each other with keeping down the clutter.

I don't get the attraction of either of those - there aren't really that many recipes that require constant stirring and besides, watching the video the second one doesn't even seem to make a good job of stirring: when she puts the lid on a full minute after she tipped the mushrooms into the risotto they still weren't well distributed.

I don't get the attraction of either of those - there aren't really that many recipes that require constant stirring and besides, watching the video the second one doesn't even seem to make a good job of stirring: when she puts the lid on a full minute after she tipped the mushrooms into the risotto they still weren't well distributed.

Yeah, they seemed to have lumped up into one big blob!! :headshake:

I think the two of us are helping each other with keeping down the clutter.

Yup, I think so also!!

As nice, pretty and functional those things are, not only do they invite clutter, but they also rob your wallet or purse of valuable money that could be used for other useful things, suce as paying bills, buying groceries or just trying to save! :headshake:

Once again no thanks.

Oh hey I heard about a Bluetooth toaster and a Bluetooth coffeemaker today.

Once again no thanks.

Oh hey I heard about a Bluetooth toaster and a Bluetooth coffeemaker today.

Not interested.
Do you know what our kitchens would look like if we went out to get all that stuff? I don't even want to THINK about it!
I'm living in a clutter-free world. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom