New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,
Thanks for adding me .I followed a link by morningglory on another site . . Share the cooking with my wife -basic home cooking ,but also like experimenting , with simple recipes eg Bacon spread for sandwiches ,Sousboontjies ,Cape Pickled Fish, Kendal Mint Cake ,Cape Dunking rusks , ,home made Creme de Cassis etcetc- stuff that's tasty and not readily available. or pricey when procurable. (Careful ,not tight !:happy: ) Into cycling and canoeing as well. rgds ,Andre

Hi ,
Thanks for adding me .I followed a link by morningglory on another site . . Share the cooking with my wife -basic home cooking ,but also like experimenting , with simple recipes eg Bacon spread for sandwiches ,Sousboontjies ,Cape Pickled Fish, Kendal Mint Cake ,Cape Dunking rusks , ,home made Creme de Cassis etcetc- stuff that's tasty and not readily available. or pricey when procurable. (Careful ,not tight !:happy: ) Into cycling and canoeing as well. rgds ,Andre

Blimey - you are just down the road from me! I'm in Maidstone and I love Kent. :wave: :welcome:

I'm so pleased you are joining us. We are a small community but very friendly. And we are trying to grow. Now, @sotkayak, I am an experienced cook but I don't know what some of the things are which you mention: Sousboontjies? Cape Dunking rusks? Cape pickled fish? Please tell... are we talking South African cooking?

Ja.... South African dishes - Sous Boontjies -borlotti beans cooked with vinegar and sugar.........Cape dunking rusks -a type of biscotti (the stuff they sell at Starbucks).....Cape Pickled fish - Hake (or Cod ) with onions ,apricot curry powder ,vinegar............Good to follow that link you posted ,morning glory. Will have to try it out with anchovies ,rather than feta ..

Ja.... South African dishes - Sous Boontjies -borlotti beans cooked with vinegar and sugar.........Cape dunking rusks -a type of biscotti (the stuff they sell at Starbucks).....Cape Pickled fish - Hake (or Cod ) with onions ,apricot curry powder ,vinegar............Good to follow that link you posted ,morning glory. Will have to try it out with anchovies ,rather than feta ..

Please post some recipes for those South African dishes. I'd particularly like to see your recipe for Sous Boontjies. Sorry for the subterfuge, as I have a different name on sister site CyclingChat but I'm one and the same person really! At least, I think I am. :D:hyper::okay:

Do join in wherever you want. What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)? is a good start. But we have a couple of Challenges too. The current Recipe Challenge finishes tomorrow but there is also Spice of the Month (March 2017) with a prize to be won!

Hi all! My name is Mary, I love food and related with it. Nice to be here.

Hello from sunny Melbourne, Australia. I love cooking and am slightly obsessed with most things food related. I am a wife and a mother to two teenage boys who put up with me asking what they would like for dinner before they have even eaten breakfast! Happy cooking everyone!!

Hello from sunny Melbourne, Australia. I love cooking and am slightly obsessed with most things food related. I am a wife and a mother to two teenage boys who put up with me asking what they would like for dinner before they have even eaten breakfast! Happy cooking everyone!!

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:. Please join in and have fun.

Welcome Saltwater. :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom