The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta

Penne alla vodka

2018-08-15 18.04.32.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I ought to mention that I have several ideas for entries to the challenge but I've suffered a setback - 'back' being the operative word. I've done my back in and can barely walk unless doubled over, so cooking is more than difficult. Hopefully I'll be up and running (well probably not running exactly) before the challenge ends.

Meanwhile - we need more members entering please. I am sure we all cook pasta from time to time, so no excuses!

Thought I ought to mention that I have several ideas for entries to the challenge but I've suffered a setback - 'back' being the operative word. I've done my back in and can barely walk unless doubled over, so cooking is more than difficult. Hopefully I'll be up and running (well probably not running exactly) before the challenge ends.

Meanwhile - we need more members entering please. I am sure we all cook pasta from time to time, so no excuses!

Oh my, hope you feel better quickly. I've been wondering if something was wrong because you haven't been as active the past few days.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/lamb-and-courgette-lasagne.13343/
IMG_0558a.jpg

This did not start out as a recipe challenge dish - it was a way to use up a glut of courgettes and two lamb neck fillets that I had cooked the day before, but with a bit of tweeking it worked out well. I would certainly cook it again - it has a richer and deeper flavour than regular beef-based lasagne.

Ouch, my sympathies. I did my back in about 10-15 years ago when shifting sacks of sand. Boy oh boy, did it hurt!

Would rice noodles count as pasta? It's just that tomorrow I'm doing Tamarind and Honey Duck Legs with Rice Noodles and Cucumber Ribbons.

I don't want to stretch the rules as I realise it's a bit of a stretch to equate rice noodles with pasta. But as I'm going to be doing this anyway I thought I'd see if it was ok.

Things are crazy for my family right now due to a family emergency. I'll try something this weekend. Thinking of a blackbean lasagna

I think I'm going to try a Toasted Saffron Pasta dish with grilled chicken. I'll be toasting the pasta before cooking it. The recipe calls for shaved squash ribbons. I'll have to do some research on how to do that lol.

Back
Top Bottom