Tips and tricks

Back in the 70's I used to patch my own jeans with leather patches which I had embroidered myself with various symbols. I also had a headband which was made from the skins of mink's heads. I may have even had flowers in my hair but I doubt that. I really cannot be definite about anything that happened in those years really.
:laugh:

I bought one of those once and it didn't work!
Yes, I got one from lakeland years ago, which was rubbish. I mentioned it when they asked for feedback and they sent me back my money!

I've now developed my own way of peeling garlic which is to almost cut the tip of each end off with a knife and use that to peel back the skin attached to it.

When I want to slice garlic, like for a dish that is over the top, vampire killing, Italian American style, I can't just crush the cloves, so I just twist them slightly until the skin cracks, the peel with fingernails/tips.

When/if I can recollect I'll relate how the embroidery thing started during the time I hitchhiked on a 60 year old 42' ketch from Ceuta to Plymouth. We were 11 days at sea!

When/if I can recollect I'll relate how the embroidery thing started during the time I hitchhiked on a 60 year old 42' ketch from Ceuta to Plymouth. We were 11 days at sea!
Fascinating - but we are way off topic. There was something I wanted to post on the 60's subject. Can't think of a suitable title for a new thread on this topic....

That is, exactly for which foods you torture so the garlic?

The first one that comes to mind is a dish of calamari and scungilli (sometimes also gamberi) in a garlic marinara with fresh basil. You slice the garlic into chips, then lightly fry them in evoo. Next, a little anchovy paste is stirred in, then the marinara sauce added and simmered until really thick.
Finally, the seafood is added to the thick, bubbling sauce and cooked just until done. The reason to thicken the marinara is that the seafood releases its liquid into the sauce as they cook, thinning it back to the right consistency.
Finally, fresh basil is torn and sprinkled on top.

The first one that comes to mind is a dish of calamari and scungilli (sometimes also gamberi) in a garlic marinara with fresh basil. You slice the garlic into chips, then lightly fry them in evoo. Next, a little anchovy paste is stirred in, then the marinara sauce added and simmered until really thick.
Finally, the seafood is added to the thick, bubbling sauce and cooked just until done. The reason to thicken the marinara is that the seafood releases its liquid into the sauce as they cook, thinning it back to the right consistency.
Finally, fresh basil is torn and sprinkled on top.

Interesting dish. Do you also add a chili pepper during the cooking?

Back to the turmeric stains, I heard about a Panasonic washing machine, sold in India, that has a 'curry' and an 'oil' button on it!
Nope, not a late April Fools Day joke, it exists!

1109893-11-20170310111353.jpeg

~It's true! ~

Back
Top Bottom