What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good! If only I could find the black pudding here.
And even the "sanguinaccio" Italian version is not easily available .. it is not a product that can be marketed, it is not sell in a supermarket, we have to go to some peasant or farmer who still does ..or maybe I could come again in UK :happy:

This on-line shop says they deliver to Europe mainland within 24 hours - but you have to check to see if they deliver to your area here:

https://www.westcoastfoods.co.uk/our-deliveries

But TBH the postal costs are probably going to be silly in comparison to the cost of the black pudding!

...I've been laid low recently with a flare of an immune disorder...
Sorry to hear of your medical woes. My SIL has Dermatomyositis, a condition in the muscular dystrophy family. From diagnosis to remission was about two years, but she has managed it successfully and appears as if nothing is wrong with her. I wish you the same success in conquering your issues and hope you soon enjoy good health.

Three egg omelette with sauteed potatoes and onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and chives.

Omelette August 2 s.jpg

Some of the 10 which were given to us by the Fat Lady have been given away already. They were quite small, almost the size of chicken eggs. The ones on the right.

fridge eggs s.jpg

This is a type of fresh daily catch of fish and shellfish in a popular stew with millions of variations from 1 restaurant or 1 family to another .. It is called Boulaibaisse or Brodetto in Italian .. Simply a Shellfish & Fish Stew .. Reference: Montpellier, Languedoc, France ..
Not the best photograph !

View attachment 10002

@Rocklobster

Thank you ! It is very easy to prepare and fabulously enjoyable ..

Hope you are having a lovely summer ..

14.00 - Monday Lunch was at a lovely Historic Restaurant located exactly 20 kilometres north of the City of Montpellier ..

Had gone to see the Roman Aquaduct .. Just had some amazing salmon (smoked) canapés with a glass of Champage and 1 chocolate with an Espresso .. ( the other chocolates were for 2 of my tourists ) ..

francescasalmoncanpaesCHEFCORNELIA20160326_115040.jpg

14.00 - Monday Lunch was at a lovely Historic Restaurant located exactly 20 kilometres north of the City of Montpellier ..

Had gone to see the Roman Aquaduct .. Just had some amazing salmon (smoked) canapés with a glass of Champage and 1 chocolate with an Espresso .. ( the other chocolates were for 2 of my tourists ) ..

View attachment 10019

That looks fantastic.

View attachment 10019

Wow that looks good.

We are off on holiday so a quick snack from Marks and Spencer being munched in the car. We have a little it of carrot sticks and humour and a little pot of tandoori prawns and squid with a yoghurt dip. Dinner in three hours so just a quick snack for the journey.

No idea what the food will be tonight - the place is fully catered. I'll report back!

That looks fantastic.

@morning glory,

The smoked salmon was to die for !! Top notch quality ..

I only had 1 chocolate truff ! ( Black chocolate ) ..

Have a lovely day ..

We shall be heading over to Marseille for 4 days 3 nights and touring a few of the Provençal villages and the Calanques ( biospheric National Reserve, protected coastal zones and sea ) .. Amazingly beautiful Le Parque de Les Calanques ..

Then, heading to Carcassone to cross the Pyrenées to go home on 29th .. Should be home late 29th or 1st thing on 30th ..

Wow that looks good.

We are off on holiday so a quick snack from Marks and Spencer being munched in the car. We have a little it of carrot sticks and humour and a little pot of tandoori prawns and squid with a yoghurt dip. Dinner in three hours so just a quick snack for the journey.

No idea what the food will be tonight - the place is fully catered. I'll report back!

@Herbie

This smoked salmon was incredibly fantastic !!

I only had 1 chocolate truff ( black chocolate ) however, the tourists from Australia really enjoyed them .. All of them had said, that they need to get some trousers, 1 size bigger !!!! So, I guess this says how good they were !!

Well enjoy your day .. Tandoori prawns, sounds wonderful too ..

Thanks for your feedback ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom