What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that looks good.

We are off on holiday so a quick snack from Marks and Spencer being munched in the car. We have a little it of carrot sticks and humour and a little pot of tandoori prawns and squid with a yoghurt dip. Dinner in three hours so just a quick snack for the journey.

No idea what the food will be tonight - the place is fully catered. I'll report back!

Where are you off to @Herbie?

20170828_092453.jpg

I am not sure what I should call this but it is made with cabbage, saltfish, onions, peppers, thyme and garlic.

All four of us (dad, daughter, son, and me) ate together for the first time since early in January. Dinner was wonderful!

Oh, I suppose you want to know what I made, do you? Hubby grilled bratwurst and "Bahama Mamas", a smoked beef and pork sausage we bought at the German sausage shop when we were in Columbus, Ohio a few days ago. Schmidt's Smoke Haus has had the recipe in the family for over 120 years, and it's a good one. We also had no-mayo potato salad (coarse-ground mustard, Dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, and seasonings dressing), and a corn-grape tomato salad with Queso Fresca cheese and Tajin seasoning. Who needs dessert when you can hug your kids after supper? :love:

This evening's first course
Salad, smoked salmon and bbq'd chorizo
View attachment 10026

Adore smoked salmon ..

I am not
14.00 - Monday Lunch was at a lovely Historic Restaurant located exactly 20 kilometres north of the City of Montpellier ..

Had gone to see the Roman Aquaduct .. Just had some amazing salmon (smoked) canapés with a glass of Champage and 1 chocolate with an Espresso .. ( the other chocolates were for 2 of my tourists ) ..

View attachment 10019

@ Rock Lobster,

This was truly amazingly exquisitely sublime refined finesse ..

Thank you and have a lovely day ..

Many years ago (1973) at the Red Lion Pub in Brigg, Lincolnshire, they served a starter called "The Red Lion Special" which was prawns in Marie Rose wrapped in smoked salmon. I attempted to emulate it here last year but the salmon was not top quality (more like the scrag ends) and it didn't really work. I'm not sure if it tasted the same 44 years on but it was pleasant enough.

smoked salmon wraps.jpg

And it was a much larger portion than the Red Lion version :D:D

Last edited:
Many years ago (1973) at the Red Lion Pub in Brigg, Lincolnshire, they served a starter called "The Red Lion Special" which was prawns in Marie Rose wrapped in smoke salmon. I attempted to emulate it here last year but the salmon was not top quality (more like the scrag ends) and it didn't really work. I'm not sure if it tasted the same 44 years on but it was pleasant enough.

View attachment 10042

And it was a much larger portion than the Red Lion version :D:D

@Yorky

Looks fantastic ..

Have a nice day ..

Last edited:
All four of us (dad, daughter, son, and me) ate together for the first time since early in January. Dinner was wonderful!

Oh, I suppose you want to know what I made, do you? Hubby grilled bratwurst and "Bahama Mamas", a smoked beef and pork sausage we bought at the German sausage shop when we were in Columbus, Ohio a few days ago. Schmidt's Smoke Haus has had the recipe in the family for over 120 years, and it's a good one. We also had no-mayo potato salad (coarse-ground mustard, Dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, and seasonings dressing), and a corn-grape tomato salad with Queso Fresca cheese and Tajin seasoning. Who needs dessert when you can hug your kids after supper? :love:

This all sounds like very good German Mexican fusion food - is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom