What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A solo picnic lunch in one of my Dads favourite places.

A18AB9D9-D7E8-4215-8459-AE18342955C8.jpeg

It’s a couple of hours drive from home & I was nearby so I grabbed a cold beer from the local shop and took myself to the river.

Simple evening meal prepared by hubby.

Mushroom and spinach omelette with freshly picked greens (various red and green lettuce, rocket, beetroot leaves and a few herbs but all kept in water until plated), tomatoes, cucumber (home-grown as well) and green pepper. I added a touch of nutritional yeast to my omelette after the photo.

PSX_20180111_134129.jpg

Taken as the sun was setting hence the side lighting!

Thursday 11 / 1:

Today is fresh wild Alaskan salmon grilled with a bit of Italian Evoo and a sprinkle of sea salt .. And a very simple salad .. I am working from home today ..

Shall take a photo when I prepare it on the grill at 14.30 ..

I went to town a bit on Wednesday. Pancakes with yoghurt and clementines for breakfast (shared with the mutt, of course!). Chocolate mug cake with cream for lunch. Cauliflower, broccoli and leeks with crispy fried bacon, in a cheese, egg and mustard sauce for dinner.

You are making me homesick @morning glory I used to love visiting my parents in kent and go out for seafood. Don't get good seafood in the Midlands!

We are not far from Wales now and went there last year. Amazing mussels!

Sadly there is no fishmonger in Maidstone so its travel to the coast for really fresh fish - its only a 40 min drive though, to Whitstable.

IMG_1099.JPG

A Garden Burger! Yes, I know that garden burger typically means a vegetable-based burger. But, in this case, it's a garden on top of a sirloin burger:
  • Carrot Bacon (perfected) - I used fresh carrots and added maple syrup, and look at how beautiful it looks on top.
  • Pickled beets - I made these with mustard seed and whole cloves in the pickling mixture, and less-than-usual sugar. Really tasty.
  • Olive Guacamole - this is the "olive sauce" I mentioned previously (green olives, Anaheim peppers, anchovies, oil) plus avocado. A very tasty replacement for mayo!
  • Romaine lettuce leaf and a slice of beefsteak tomato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom