What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos of tonight's dinner. I decided to have home made custard with the bread pudding - it looks a little pale, because I made it with 2/3 whey and 1/3 milk (the milkman doesn't come until about 4.30 in the morning!). There is an egg in the custard too. I am now completely stuffed, and think I will have to dispense with my late night cup of hot chocolate!

Shepherds pie.jpg

Bread pudding .jpg

The shepherds pie came out of the freezer too. I freeze it in pyrex dishes which are just the right size for 1 portion and can go straight from the freezer into the oven.

Dinner tonight. From the freezer: mixed pepper chili topped with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar. Southern mustard greens from the garden and garden cucumbers.

I think the cucumbers will slow down soon. Now they are producing faster than we can eat them. I have a full day of errands tomorrow. One is near Mother's home so I will bring her a few.

I know - I could make pickles or chutney but not going to happen. I really have to be "in the mood" to can. My mind is on Cooking Bites challenges, preparing holiday food that can be frozen, food gifts and craft gifts. Oh - I also have a lot of house cleaning to do before the holidays. I think I need three of me. :hyper:

Dinner tonight. From the freezer: mixed pepper chili topped with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar. Southern mustard greens from the garden and garden cucumbers.

I think the cucumbers will slow down soon. Now they are producing faster than we can eat them. I have a full day of errands tomorrow. One is near Mother's home so I will bring her a few.

I know - I could make pickles or chutney but not going to happen. I really have to be "in the mood" to can. My mind is on Cooking Bites challenges, preparing holiday food that can be frozen, food gifts and craft gifts. Oh - I also have a lot of house cleaning to do before the holidays. I think I need three of me. :hyper:
I envy you..our growing season up here in Ontario has ended long ago..I still have onions, shallots, and garlic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom