What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poached pears with Gorganzola and prosciutto...
23316205_10154914724742401_1340092652_n.jpg

Recipe! Recipe! :hyper:

Baked Char Siu Bao (Pork Buns).

I've always steamed them before, but I decided I wanted to make a lot of them (16 in all), and my steamer only fits 3 at a time. So, I made the same recipe, made an egg wash to coat the top, and sprinkled them with sesame seeds, and baked the lot of them for 20 minutes in pans coated with a combination of canola oil and sesame oil. The pork wasn't as juicy as I normally get with steaming, which makes sense. But, they taste a bit like an Asian-flavored pulled pork, which certainly isn't a bad thing. As another plus, baked pork buns store significantly more easily (since steamed buns tend to get sticky).

The sauce was made by draining the pork/brussels sprouts/mushroom/marinade juices (which I had to do anyway to stuff them), and adding olive oil mayo, lime juice, sriracha, fish sauce, and sesame oil.

IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG

Recipe! Recipe! :hyper:
Peel pears, cut in half, lengthways. Carve out the core. Poach in white wine and lemon for about 15 minutes until knife goes through them easily. Set aside and let cool. Lay pears in baking dish with inside facing up. Add a slice of Gorgonzola on top, wrap in thin slice of Prosciutto and broil until crispy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom