What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 convection..not sure why it won`t brown. Have been making pizzas for years. New oven, or type of flour

If I leave mine in the oven (halogen at 250 degC) long enough to get brown the dough becomes almost hard. Yours look satisfactorily brown to me.

500 convection..not sure why it won`t brown. Have been making pizzas for years. New oven, or type of flour
They look pretty good, though I do see your point 500F should be got enough. My pizza oven (I'm lucky enough that our rental property happens to have a word fired pizza oven) will brown in 8mins and burn in 10mins. Does your oven go any hotter? (my indoor oven, for want of a better expression, only goes to gas mark 5 which is barely 375F I think!)

If i can get a permit (it's now fire season and I think my wood fired pizza oven needs a fire permit) I'll try with the remaining 00 flour I have from the pasta challenge a while back.

Last edited:
Peel pears, cut in half, lengthways. Carve out the core. Poach in white wine and lemon for about 15 minutes until knife goes through them easily. Set aside and let cool. Lay pears in baking dish with inside facing up. Add a slice of Gorgonzola on top, wrap in thin slice of Prosciutto and broil until crispy..

Thanks @Rocklobster
Very interesting recipe and so easy to do. I'll give it a try asap.

Beans on toast with poached eggs

DSC_2220.JPG
DSC_2222.JPG

Thai here, though nothing authentic.

Satay Chicken - I had a cup of satay sauce left from satay sticks a week or so back so I extended that with coconut milk & a few extra spices plus some crunchy peanut butter + bamboo shoots. Plus chicken of course.

Green chicken curry - Made a quick curry paste with things that I found around the kitchen - ginger, kaffir lime, garlic, chilli, belanchan, coriander roots & stems, a few dry spices. Carrots, potato, onion, sweet potato, water chestnuts & chicken.

Served up with 2/3 brown 1/3 white rice.

Salad of tomato & cucumber with tamarind dressing topped with toasted peanuts.

We all ate too much and there are 5 containers of home made ready meals in the fridge. Whatever isn’t eaten tomorrow can go in the freezer.

37A024A2-ABC4-420B-8B79-A2744BF56259.jpeg

Last edited:
Thai here, though nothing authentic.

Satay Chicken - I had a cup of satay sauce left from satay sticks a week or so back so I extended that with coconut milk & a few extra spices plus some crunchy peanut butter + bamboo shoots. Plus chicken of course.

Green chicken curry - Made a quick curry paste with things that I found around the kitchen - ginger, kaffir lime, garlic, chilli, belanchan, coriander roots & stems, a few dry spices. Carrots, potato, onion, sweet potato, water chestnuts & chicken.

Served up with 2/3 brown 1/3 white rice.

Salad of tomato & cucumber with tamarind dressing topped with toasted peanuts.

We all ate too much and there are 5 containers of home made ready meals in the fridge. Whatever isn’t eaten tomorrow can go in the freezer.

View attachment 11426

Looks fab!

@Rocklobster

Your Fondant Potatoes looked irresistible. I had to try them. My dinner tonight was Fondant Potatoes and a poached egg. :love: :love::love:those potatoes. My new favorite. What do you do with the trimmings? They are in my fridge for use in another dish.

@Rocklobster

Your Fondant Potatoes looked irresistible. I had to try them. My dinner tonight was Fondant Potatoes and a poached egg. :love: :love::love:those potatoes. My new favorite. What do you do with the trimmings? They are in my fridge for use in another dish.
I used small potatoes and just trimmed the ends and peels off of them..they ended up being barrel shaped so there wasn`t too much waste..I discovered that my pup likes potatoes...lol

I cannot believe that I, being a potato fanatic, have never cooked these. I shall rectify that in the very near future albeit with some forced modifications.

[Edit: the halogen oven must be ideal for these. I'll let you know]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom