What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duck confit,

23201590_10155878539404993_1707774050_n.jpg

23201590_10155878539404993_1707774050_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Last Supper.
Heading south sometime Saturday afternoon, so this was our last supper at home until we get back shortly before Thanksgiving. An "Everything Must Go!" kind of meal. Sauteed half of a red onion, a red and a green bell pepper, ground beef. Added in a package of Knorr Spanish Rice and the second half of a large can of diced tomatoes. Simmered it all for about 10 minutes, called it Spanish-ish Rice...and it looked like a stuffed pepper had exploded on our plates! :laugh: We split the last lonely tomato, and ate up the bounty of broccoli I had bought last week. ~ More likely than not, tomorrow's food with be the sandwiches we will pack for "the road".

20171103_223756.jpg

I know it's too soon...please forgive me...but this plating just begs for a "Merry Christmas"!

@Lynne Guinne

Have a great trip!

Take lots of pictures to share.
Thanks, @ElizabethB! I'll take photos, but posting might be sporadic.

We had a failure to launch on Saturday. One of us had "issues" that made driving problematic. :oops: By the time we could leave, it was late. Left everything but the perishables in the car, and took off for supper at a favorite nearby pub. Hubby and I shared a beer sampler; I had a mushroom and Swiss cheese burger (medium rare and perfect!), and he had fried clam strips with meh French fries. Came home and dirtied the kitchen by prepping breakfast for the morning! :giggle: I'll be off to bed soon, only to get up too soon. Good thing Hubby drives first leg of any trip.

20171104_211208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom