What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also ate a banana earlier (quite a large one) and someone brought a pomelo around earlier so I shall be having some of that this afternoon and tomorrow. Unfortunately I do not have any wine at the present time.
"Wine". The best fruit of all!

Make sure you get enough servings of grains, too. :wink:

The best are Cromer crabs (crabs from Cromer) which I can get where I am staying now...
That's probably the same as a stone crab. They are harvested along the east coast of the U.S. from as far north as Connecticut, all along the seacoast of Florida, and down into Cuba. They are in season right now. Maybe we'll actually remember to try them this year!

Saturday night's dinner was chickpeas, onion, carrots, parsnip, potatoes, tomatoes, and cime di rapa, seasoned with garlic, mint and black pepper, and served with a chunk of fresh wholemeal bread. Afters was unsweetened rice pudding.

Chickpeas with root veg and cime di rapa2.jpg

Chickpeas with root veg and cime di rapa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The remainder of the pork ribs which were previously frozen raw in the marinade (if I'm not on line tomorrow, please phone a doctor).

I am marinating 500 gm of tandoori chicken today. After the success of the pork ribs, I shall freeze 50% of it in the marinade for another day.

That's probably the same as a stone crab. They are harvested along the east coast of the U.S. from as far north as Connecticut, all along the seacoast of Florida, and down into Cuba. They are in season right now. Maybe we'll actually remember to try them this year!
The kind of crabs found around the UK are technically called brown crabs: Cancer Pagurus. According to Wiki the stone crab is Menippe Mercenaria and the Dungeness crab mentioned by @ElizabethB is Metacarcinus Magister or Cancer Magister - so it seems they are all different types.

@ElizabethB, marmite tastes salty, meaty and yeasty. Its very strong tasting so very little is needed. It is meat free but adds a robust savoury taste to stews so its a useful product for vegetarians and vegans. I use it lots! Some of my recipes here:

Eggs en Cocotte with Marmite Butter
Baked Portobello Mushrooms with Marmite Butter
Baked Potatoes with Marmite Butter and Stilton Sauce
Braised Shallots in Marmite

We had Marmite as an ingredient in the Recipe challenge once, I think. I also have a Marmite cook book.

51zKieURPxL._SX466_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom